Adding new camera to Tower ? not working - NEED HELP

Reaction score
Hopefully this is a quick one for someone with recent tower experience. I've been on
ardupilot.com - Index page
FAQ · DroidPlanner/Tower Wiki · GitHub
and google -
I've tried everything I have found but cannot add a new camera to tower.

I've been trying to add a new camera Tower and can't get anything to work. Tried in 4 different location adding the CameraInfo/Mapir_Camera.xml. Force stopped 3dr service, tower and solo. Tried rebooting. Nothing.

Has something changed?

The Tower app show the storage at: Which I cannot change
/storage/emulated/0/Tower/

I'm using a S5 Sport
I created the following folder structures and file in 4 different places
storage/emulated/0/3DRServices/CameraInfo/Mapir_Camera.xml
storage/emulated/0/Tower/CameraInfo/Mapir_Camera.xml
storage/extSdCard/3DRServices/CameraInfo/Mapir_Camera.xml
storage/extSdCard/Tower/CameraInfo/Mapir_Camera.xml

Here's the text in the .xml
MAPIR + 4.35mm Lens (Standard Lens Included):

<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”utf-8″?>
<cameraInfo>
<Name>MAPIR 4.3mm 12MP</Name>
<SensorWidth>4.5056</SensorWidth>
<SensorHeight>3.3792</SensorHeight>
<SensorResolution>12</SensorResolution>
<FocalLength>4.3</FocalLength>
</cameraInfo>

Any ideas

I'm 5 hours into this one issue and need to fly the new cameras in the AM

Thanks Burke
Mapir camera sm.jpg

3DRServices/CameraInfo needs to be in the device storage root. i'm not sure what it looks like on the S5. But on my tab s, when i go to files i see Device Storage and SD Card. Device Storage is the root. so my folder is Device Storage/3DRServices/CameraInfo/My XML Files.xml and the cameras show up in Tower.

Reactions: J R
3DRServices/CameraInfo needs to be in the device storage root. i'm not sure what it looks like on the S5. But on my tab s, when i go to files i see Device Storage and SD Card. Device Storage is the root. so my folder is Device Storage/3DRServices/CameraInfo/My XML Files.xml and the cameras show up in Tower.
Thanks. Finally dragged and dropped the vender supplier camera file and it worked. I don't see what is different from my procedure and file.

Will figure that out but at least I can move forward..

Reactions: ibrew
Thanks. Finally dragged and dropped the vender supplier camera file and it worked. I don't see what is different from my procedure and file.

Will figure that out but at least I can move forward..
Hi--could you please post the XML file that Mapir sent you? I'm having the same problem.
Thank you in advance!! :)

I know this is an old topic, but I just got a Peau camera and am also having problems adding the camera profile to Tower. Using a Galaxy Tab S2. I see the device storage root (root/sdcard), but there is no 3DRServices folder. I've searched the tablet storage for "3DR" and come back with the simulator and Solo App. I know 3DR Services is installed, but can't find this folder. I tried placing my CameraInfo/camera.xml file in the Tower folder, but no joy.

Any ideas?

same issue but different question. Does anyone know the lens specs to the standrad GoPro Hero 4 silver? Thats all I have to do this next mission but its not in Tower - just the 4 black, not silver

I know this is an old topic, but I just got a Peau camera and am also having problems adding the camera profile to Tower. Using a Galaxy Tab S2. I see the device storage root (root/sdcard), but there is no 3DRServices folder. I've searched the tablet storage for "3DR" and come back with the simulator and Solo App. I know 3DR Services is installed, but can't find this folder. I tried placing my CameraInfo/camera.xml file in the Tower folder, but no joy.

Any ideas?
If the "CameraInfo" folder doesn't exist - just create it. Then place your XML file in it.

Since the latest version of Tower does not rely on 3DR services, I had to create a 3DRServices folder in root with a CameraInfo sub-folder. Then my Peau Lens camera profiles were listed and available for creating survey missions.

Reactions: speatuk
Just worked through this issue myself on a couple different devices (Samsung Note 3, Samsung SM-T713 [8" tablet]), and I've noticed that the location varies depending upon Android version / device. What made it difficult for me on the second device I addressed (the tablet) was that I simply could not locate any "Tower" folder to confirm that I was in the correct location. I found that exporting a waypoint file in Tower will automatically create the "Tower" folder in its appropriate location; you can then search for it using Astro File Manager or equivalent.

Once you locate the folder that contains Tower, create a "3DRServices" folder at the same level as "Tower", then enter your new folder and create a "CameraInfo" folder. Using Chrome, click and hold on the link on the PeauProductions page for the profile that you wish to use, and choose "Save Link". Now go back to your file manager and copy the downloaded profile file from your Download folder to your new CameraInfo folder. Restart your device. When you look for your new camera in Tower, it will be at the very TOP of the list - not in alphabetical order.

Hope that helps!

Now I'm going to build my own profile for a FLIR Tau2.

If you don't want to fight it there is one in Mission Planner. I used the numbers from there for our FLIR and it works great.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dachl