Controller will not power off, no WiFi from Solo

Reaction score
Hi, I just received a new Solo today. Application on my Samsung shows System Up To Date. Controller is however stuck with Original message Preflight Update. Also, there is no Solo's WiFi to be seen in order to do any updates. In addition I can not (Do not know how to ) turn off the controller. Nice start of a new relationship. Can anyone help?

Try resetting the Solo and controller. Steps are in the manual....pg 47 or close by there.

i had same problem.
my controler would not shut off.
take the battery cover off of the controler and just take the battery out of the battery comp but don't disconect it from the controler.
now put it back in and attach the battery box cover.
now press and hold power button the controler should shut off now.
had to do this on both of the solo i had.
lmk how this works.
thx D

Try resetting the Solo and controller. Steps are in the manual....pg 47 or close by there.
I tried with holding Power and Fly simultaneously, but I steel get the same Preflight Update screen. Thus, I can not do pairing, or resetting. Also, neither Solo nor controller are not giving me any WiFi signal, so that I ca not do Solo's updating, thus going in circles...

BTW, I had to disconnect the battery, in order to power of teh controller

I just got my Solo yesterday and am having the same exact problem. Just got off the phone with support and they sent me the attached picture. The orange light must be flashing, meaning that the wifi signal is being produced from the controller. If it is solid then it is not sending out wifi. Mine is solid. Apparently there is a card in the controller that is possibly not connected properly or my be broken altogether. It is fixable if just not in correctly though the specifics of how to open up the controller and get to it I don't know yet. The tech from support is going to email me some pictures and videos on how to open the controller, find the card, and test to see if it in properly or just broken. I should have this within the next 2 hours and will post it here.

Attachments

• Controller Board lights.jpg
    Controller Board lights.jpg
    813.1 KB · Views: 232
I just got my Solo yesterday and am having the same exact problem. Just got off the phone with support and they sent me the attached picture. The orange light must be flashing, meaning that the wifi signal is being produced from the controller. If it is solid then it is not sending out wifi. Mine is solid. Apparently there is a card in the controller that is possibly not connected properly or my be broken altogether. It is fixable if just not in correctly though the specifics of how to open up the controller and get to it I don't know yet. The tech from support is going to email me some pictures and videos on how to open the controller, find the card, and test to see if it in properly or just broken. I should have this within the next 2 hours and will post it here.
I was told by (My tech support) that if I open the back, it would void the warranty. They will send me a Fedex slip, in order to return whole kit, and get tested new system

You are holding down the power button for 5 seconds right?

Keep us posted. That's good info to know.

So unfortunately i do not have the info I said I was gonna get. I didn't want to mess up the warranty so instead I luckily found another store and just exchanged the whole set for a new one. Sorry

So unfortunately i do not have the info I said I was gonna get. I didn't want to mess up the warranty so instead I luckily found another store and just exchanged the whole set for a new one. Sorry
That'll work.

Controller fixed. Ok, I unboxed solo and had the same problem. I decided after waiting 8+ weeks, I wasn't going to wait to replace controller if it was possible to fix it myself. After reading post above, i was not getting the blinking light inside the controller as described. Cracked open the remote, then disconnected the smaller board that the antennas connect to and pulled it out. Be careful not to pull to hard on other wires when shifting the case to unscrew the small board. Disconnect the controller vibration wire if necessary. There is a 8 gb mini SD card that was not fully inserted. I had to remove the adhesive that they used to keep it in place. Then had to use a small amount of hot glue( be careful not to melt SD card) while holding it all the way into slot. Then reassembled, and so far, it's flying great.

I've had same issue actually with my new exchanged Solo I got yesterday.
I tried everything from taking battery out of controller, doing the power/home reset. NOTHING worked. I made a ticket, no answer so far but I got it fixed myself.

I left the Solo and controller to charge fully 100%, come home from work and I decided to try repairing the Solo and controller, still no luck. After tinkering for an hour or 2 of removing the controller battery and pairing, no luck. I woke up the next morning, had the controller on standby(never unplugged battery again)
It had a message stating that it is going to sleep or shutoff(I don't remember). I took out the battery to force turn off and once I turned it back on, IT WORKED.

Long story short, I say let it just stand idle for a long time till that auto turnoff/standby message comes and try to remove the battery and try again.

I appreciate all the detailed feedback on this controller issue. I am having the same issues here, as you may have expected. Tried everything in this string aside from opening the controller, but still no luck. I'm thinking something may have been dislodged but I won't be opening the controller for warranty reasons. My controller is on and is making a buzzing, flickering sound. I just don't know what to do know except to wait for customer service to respond to my email or look online for a store in San Francisco that'll replace it.

Any other additional suggestions or feedback of success would be greatly appreciated

If you are comfortable opening the remote, mechanically speaking, I did not see any see any seals or other parts that would indicate tampering with the remote to void the warranty. I was just too impatient to wait for them to send me a new unit to possibly have the same problem. I have been flying the solo for a few weeks now flawlessly. Now I just want my gimbal that I paid for back in May.

Have the same issue with my new solo, sounds like the best action is to wait to hear back from 3dr?

I'm not having this issue as well. I get the Waiting for Solo message and I'm unable to connect to the controller from a Mac/PC. Solo shows white/front and red/rear lights so its working.

I don't want to void the warranty as I just got an RMA so any other advice?

Flex, a month or so ago I saw a post about this and it had to do with an SD card inside the controller that came loose. The poster fixed it. I can't say if it was on here or RC groups.

Also remember something mentioned about some leds inside that can be seen which determine whether it is working or not.

I don't know, I haven't taken mine apart so not sure.
Controller schematic:
AABoardPinOut.png

Flex, a month or so ago I saw a post about this and it had to do with an SD card inside the controller that came loose. The poster fixed it. I can't say if it was on here or RC groups.

Also remember something mentioned about some leds inside that can be seen which determine whether it is working or not.

I don't know, I haven't taken mine apart so not sure.
Controller schematic:
AABoardPinOut.png

Yeah, I did a search on Google and saw something about this but I believe opening the controller up will void the warranty.

The more I have this bird the more it becomes clear that the QC was not up to par.

Reactions: NigelTM
Yeah, I did a search on Google and saw something about this but I believe opening the controller up will void the warranty.

The more I have this bird the more it becomes clear that the QC was not up to par.

Yeah, if I remember right the guy mentioned the sd card was held in with a dab of hot glue which had come loose. He put it back in place and got it working.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dachl