DSLRPros issues soon to be resolved.

Reaction score
!!!Crisis averted!!!
I drove to DSLRPros in Oakland Park, FL today to try my luck at possibly seeing someone in person concerning my 3DR Solo order cancellation. Up until today, I had not been able to contact anyone from the company and neither my emails nor Support tickets posted on their site were addressed.
As I explained in my previous post DSLRPros were nothing but kind to me up until the phones were disconnected. It was at this time I spoke with 3DR to find that they will not be sending any other orders by way of DSLRPros. All I had to do was recreate my order with 3DR, then attempt to get my money back from DSLRPros. Easy Peasy right?......uhhhhh not initially.
So as not to bore you by reiterating my whole original post about not being able to get in contact with DSLRPros and then thinking they were skipping town with all the pre-order money, I will cut to today's events.
As I wrote at the beginning of this post, I visited the brick and mortar building of DSLRPros today. To my surprise, I was greeted at the door and welcomed into the waiting room. Not too long after a man named Giovanni came out and I explained the whole scenario to him about my Solo order from back in June and not receiving it nor the gimbal, etc...
He was very accommodating and then asked me to wait a second as he walked in the back. He then returned to the room with a refund receipt in hand and said the funds will post within the next few days. Very cool.
We then began to BS for a bit at which time i told him that many people think you are going out of business due to your phones shutting down and no replies to refund emails. He apologized right away and told me they are going through a phone system changeover and that the number was reposted back on their site, even though that recording still only refers you back to emailing them. He said by the end of the day today or tomorrow they should have their 954 number back online. He also told me that they are scrambling as fast as they can to refund all the Solo pre-orders they got...which was a huge number.
Another bit of info he told me was that they will eventually be Tayzu Robotics, as they will be getting out of the sales industry and exclusively developing their own designs.
Ultimately, all is back in order. I felt the need to post the info since a few people said they have had issues recently with DSLRPros and were growing unsure, as I was, with the refund of the Solo and/or gimbal.
Hope this is encouraging info for those still waiting. :)

Last edited:
!!!Crisis averted!!!
I drove to DSLRPros in Oakland Park, FL today to try my luck at possibly seeing someone in person concerning my 3DR Solo order cancellation. Up until today, I had not been able to contact anyone from the company and neither my emails nor Support tickets posted on their site were addressed.
As I explained in my previous post DSLRPros were nothing but kind to me up until the phones were disconnected. It was at this time I spoke with 3DR to find that they will not be sending any other orders by way of DSLRPros. All I had to do was recreate my order with 3DR, then attempt to get my money back from DSLRPros. Easy Peasy right?......uhhhhh not initially.
So as not to bore you by reiterating my whole original post about not being able to get in contact with DSLRPros and then thinking they were skipping town with all the pre-order money, I will cut to today's events.
As I wrote at the beginning of this post, I visited the brick and mortar building of DSLRPros today. To my surprise, I was greeted at the door and welcomed into the waiting room. Not too long after a man named Giancarlo came out and I explained the whole scenario to him about my Solo order from back in June and not receiving it nor the gimbal, etc...
He was very accommodating and then asked me to wait a second as he walked in the back. He then returned to the room with a refund receipt in hand and said the funds will post within the next few days. Very cool.
We then began to BS for a bit at which time i told him that many people think you are going out of business due to your phones shutting down and no replies to refund emails. He apologized right away and told me they are going through a phone system changeover and that the number was reposted back on their site, even though that recording still only refers you back to emailing them. He said by the end of the day today or tomorrow they should have their 954 number back online. He also told me that they are scrambling as fast as they can to refund all the Solo pre-orders they got...which was a huge number.
Another bit of info he told me was that they will eventually be Tayzu Robotics, as they will be getting out of the sales industry and exclusively developing their own designs.
Ultimately, all is back in order. I felt the need to post the info since a few people said they have had issues recently with DSLRPros and were growing unsure, as I was, with the refund of the Solo and/or gimbal.

Yea glad somebody is close enough to stop in, kinda sketchy to not answer folks for all this time. Hope they really have everything up and refunds heading out soon, I was seconds from preordering there and went with adorama cause it was closer to me so I thought it may save a day shipping. Glad I did cause after canceling all was fine and I never got charged, good luck to everybody waiting.

Cool they are going into designing and changing things up a bit. The more quality competition the better for us.

Reactions: tbhl98
!!!Crisis averted!!!
As I wrote at the beginning of this post, I visited the brick and mortar building of DSLRPros today. To my surprise, I was greeted at the door and welcomed into the waiting room. Not too long after a man named Giancarlo came out and I explained the whole scenario to him about my Solo order from back in June and not receiving it nor the gimbal, etc...
Good to hear. I got a call from them today...let it go to voicemail. Will call them tomorrow.
I am still fighting for my free battery. Was told by 3DR that DSLRPro has it. I don't think they will give it to me. Probably already sold it.
Glad it worked out for you. I'll see what they say tomorrow....if they answer their phone.

Ah now your issues make more sense, I wondered how you were here same time as me and ended up last to recieve things. I had no idea about this dslr issue until I read this, kinda scary with a decent amount of money involved.

Good to hear. I got a call from them today...let it go to voicemail. Will call them tomorrow.
I am still fighting for my free battery. Was told by 3DR that DSLRPro has it. I don't think they will give it to me. Probably already sold it.
Glad it worked out for you. I'll see what they say tomorrow....if they answer their phone.

I can't help but wonder what would have happened had tbhl98 not shoiwed up on their doorstep... Most won't be able to do that.

Great to hear you actually got a call from them. I actually don't do business with them, but if I did, the very first thing I would do is pull a Dunn and Bradstreet report on them. The "changing phone system" thing doesn't really pass the smell test, as most any business would have that WELL planned out, with prior emails, mailings, etc. etc.

And people don't fundamentally up and change their business if things are going well. I have learned when a whole bunch of bad coincidences like that happen, there is usually a fire behind the smoke...

My advice is stay on them and do it quick... You don't want to be the one without a chair when the music stops...

Last edited:
I can't help but wonder what would have happened had tbhl98 not shoiwed up on their doorstep... Most won't be able to do that.

Great to hear you actually got a call from them. I actually don't do business with them, but if I did, the very first thing I would do is pull a Dunn and Bradstreet report on them. The "changing phone system" thing doesn't really pass the smell test, as most any business would have that WELL planned out, with prior emails, mailings, etc. etc.

And people don't fundamentally up and change their business if things are going well. I have learned when a whole bunch of bad coincidences like that happen, there is usually a fire behind the smoke...

My advice is stay on them and do it quick... You don't want to be the one without a chair when the music stops...
I have been staying in touch with 3DR about it. Supposedly they are getting in touch with them. I sent them the email I got from DSLRPro telling me I will not get a battery from them since I cancelled my gimbal order with them. I would still be waiting for a gimbal!!

Anyway, someone will be sending me a battery before this is done.

Reactions: tbhl98
Ray, call 3DR back. They are sending me my free battery. I made it a point to tell them if they were going to honor the priority of my order from June from DSLRPros that they should honor the free battery too. They agreed.
Also they said they have the amount of pre-orders(to include extra batteries) set aside in California to fill DSLRPros's pre-ordered refunds, otherwise the customer would only be getting the gimbal from CA and the airframe from China.

Last edited:
DSLR Pros has yet to refund me for the gimbal they were unable to deliver; all phone numbers have stopped working and they have stopped responding to emails. I will obviously dispute charge with CC company and send in a note to the BBB but what a nightmare. Huge thumbs down to DSLR Pros.

DSLR Pros has yet to refund me for the gimbal they were unable to deliver; all phone numbers have stopped working and they have stopped responding to emails. I will obviously dispute charge with CC company and send in a note to the BBB but what a nightmare. Huge thumbs down to DSLR Pros.

Sean, after the whole debacle concerning my intended purchase through them, I eventually contacted my bank and they went through the pay back process. Once my back got a hold of DSLRPros, they paid up immediately. By that time I had already been credited by my bank, so I had to pay back the additional money I had received. Ultimately, they paid up.
I hope you have the same outcome I had.

Reactions: Sean Newhouse
Ray, I got the same story from 3DR, "they have your battery" except in my case the advisary was Frys. I continued to call 3DR, day after day, explaining I would not give up, and that the hassle would soon end up costing them more than the battery itself.
143 days after order of Solo, the battery arrived last week.

I received a call today from DSLRPros. They stated that I would be receiving a check in the mail , probably next week, for the refund on the gimbal part of my order placed back in April. Not holding my breath, but this is better than the no response that I have been getting from my weekly emails.

Mongo, I hope they come through for you. I'm very surprised to get burned by DSLR pros. thankfully my CC company has taken on the dispute and has reversed the charges. That said, 3DR stepped up and my package is complete. Gimbal and extra battery. After all, glad I stuck it out. Loving the Solo, thing is amazing...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

these jokers owe me $400 from July...we were in last contact Nov 4 when they said they were switching owners blah blah blah and continued to feed me more horse dung.

Posted this on another thread about DSLRPros, but just wanted people here to see it. Looks like they are trying to get everyone refunded. I received this email today....

image.jpg

Reactions: twitchyzero
I really hope DSLR Pros comes through for everyone. At this point though, I'm just glad I wasn't in deep financially with these guys on any other gear. So far they've proved incapable and untrustworthy.

Last edited:
I'm currently out $5600 with these guys. On Sept. 29 I pre-ordered an Inspire 1 Pro with DSLRPros and my credit card was charged at the time of the order. Once other retailers started shipping and it was obvious that DSLRPros was not going to, I cancelled my order and asked for a refund. I got an email back saying that they would process a refund within 5 to 10 business days. Well, that was over a month ago. They will NOT REPOND to emails or phone calls. BUYER BEWARE! At this point, even though I have made purchases from them in the past, THEY ARE A COMPLETE SCAM! I'm pursuing the matter with my credit card company.

I got the same email as others from the 'new' DSLR Pros, but I am attempting to get a full refund. Over the summer, I was told my DSLRPros/3DR that the 30-day refund period didn't start until I received the gimbal. Being that I never received it and am disgusted in both companies, I want to return the entire order and get a full refund. I sent DSLR Pros the return authorization code from 3D Robotics but have yet to receive a refund. I was told they were going to only initially refund the gimbal amount, but someone would look into refunding the full order. I have not heard back from then since. Anyone else in similar situation?

Does anyone know if there is an official count or forum where someone is tracking how many people ordered a Solo through DSLR Pros? I'm wondering if there is a way to apply collective pressure on the company to get a quicker resolution.

I got the same email as others from the 'new' DSLR Pros, but I am attempting to get a full refund. Over the summer, I was told my DSLRPros/3DR that the 30-day refund period didn't start until I received the gimbal. Being that I never received it and am disgusted in both companies, I want to return the entire order and get a full refund. I sent DSLR Pros the return authorization code from 3D Robotics but have yet to receive a refund. I was told they were going to only initially refund the gimbal amount, but someone would look into refunding the full order. I have not heard back from then since. Anyone else in similar situation?

Does anyone know if there is an official count or forum where someone is tracking how many people ordered a Solo through DSLR Pros? I'm wondering if there is a way to apply collective pressure on the company to get a quicker resolution.

DSLR Pros has yet to refund me for the gimbal they were unable to deliver; all phone numbers have stopped working and they have stopped responding to emails. I already sent in a note to the BBB but what a nightmare. Huge thumbs down to DSLR Pros. very sad!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dachl