Issue with MPCC

Reaction score
I'm having an issue with MPCC, it's stops execution of the smart shot long before it reaches the end point.
I've upgraded the Solo app to 2.1, never had this issue in version 2.0, hoping this is just a coincident but can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I've set up 8-point MPCC and decided to run in timelapse mode (3m55s), total distance from start to end was about 300 ft (the actual start and end point were apart only about 200ft, but I was flying up-down), the smart shot stopped executing after about a minute somewhere between points 3 & 4 (out of 8).
I tried to run it 3x and it failed at the same spot every time, returned home, replaced battery, restarted everything and tried again - same outcome every time.
I also tried running in standard mode (non-timlapse) where the application allowed me to run a maximum of 1m50s, but the execution stopped again in same spot after about 30 secs.
When trying to move along the cable using the right stick, it would not go past this point either.

I created new MPCC smart shot, similar to the failing one, but experienced identical problem.

Has anyone tried MPCC after 2.1 upgrade, working fine for you ?

Signal OK, Video Feed OK, GPS no problem, completely open area.

On the image below the green dot is where the execution ended (as if that was my final point B).

IMG_0863.jpg

Since 2.1 I have only used a 4 point mpcc, it worked ok.

Perhaps send a log to support, there may be a clue in the logs.

I've not had this yet, but maybe I've not used as many points, it almost sounds like in your case the Solo thinks it's got to the end of the cable when it hasn't.

I have successfully used even more than 8 points in the past, but that was all with app version 2.0
The only other thing that I changed is that I'm now using iPad, previously I was using iPhone 5s. On my iPhone I still have the version 2.0 so tomorrow I'll go to the same location and try to create similar smart shot and see what happens - just to eliminate this theory that v2.1 has anything to do with that, I'm confident this is just coincident but have no idea what is causing it.

it almost sounds like in your case the Solo thinks it's got to the end of the cable

yes, it looks like it, but that the "pause" sign is still there, normally when you reach the end point the "pause" sign changes to the right arrow ">"

I'm having an issue with MPCC, it's stops execution of the smart shot long before it reaches the end point.
I've upgraded the Solo app to 2.1, never had this issue in version 2.0, hoping this is just a coincident but can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I've set up 8-point MPCC and decided to run in timelapse mode (3m55s), total distance from start to end was about 300 ft (the actual start and end point were apart only about 200ft, but I was flying up-down), the smart shot stopped executing after about a minute somewhere between points 3 & 4 (out of 8).
I tried to run it 3x and it failed at the same spot every time, returned home, replaced battery, restarted everything and tried again - same outcome every time.
I also tried running in standard mode (non-timlapse) where the application allowed me to run a maximum of 1m50s, but the execution stopped again in same spot after about 30 secs.
When trying to move along the cable using the right stick, it would not go past this point either.

I created new MPCC smart shot, similar to the failing one, but experienced identical problem.

Has anyone tried MPCC after 2.1 upgrade, working fine for you ?

Signal OK, Video Feed OK, GPS no problem, completely open area.

On the image below the green dot is where the execution ended (as if that was my final point B).

View attachment 2637
I had the exact same problem (8 way points, stopped between 3 and 4). I had limited time that day to run tests and I haven't flown since. I was hoping it was a one off glitch.

One version back. Before they added in EV_Comp. I'm pretty sure that was 2.0

I had this happen to me on the weekend. Got helicoptered into a remote location in northern Australia with no way to recharge the four batteries I had with me. Solo software is so buggy I've returned with no usable footage. These intermittent bugs are the worst. Very disappointing.

I had this happen to me on the weekend. Got helicoptered into a remote location in northern Australia with no way to recharge the four batteries I had with me. Solo software is so buggy I've returned with no usable footage. These intermittent bugs are the worst. Very disappointing.

that's the thing, sometimes it works like a charm and next day you get something like this for no reason. I went back to same location next day and recorded new MPCC similar to the one that failed and all was good (I tried my iPad first with v.2.1 and had iPhone with version 2.0 ready, but it worked on iPad).
day later at home I did simple 2 point MPCC and it failed, it didn't even reach the midpoint. next thing I tried Orbit and it descended on me by 30m, today Orbit was working all fine.

waterfalls up North must be awesome right now, where did you go ? roads are still flooded, right ?

that's the thing, sometimes it works like a charm and next day you get something like this for no reason. I went back to same location next day and recorded new MPCC similar to the one that failed and all was good (I tried my iPad first with v.2.1 and had iPhone with version 2.0 ready, but it worked on iPad).
day later at home I did simple 2 point MPCC and it failed, it didn't even reach the midpoint. next thing I tried Orbit and it descended on me by 30m, today Orbit was working all fine.

waterfalls up North must be awesome right now, where did you go ? roads are still flooded, right ?
I'm starting to think it might be related to the height of the points on the cable. Even if you've turned off the height limit on the Solo, if you place a point on the cable above 50 meters, the Solo stalls at that point. I think. Just a theory i haven't tested. Maybe it's more than 50 meters. I just know that my Solo was headed up to 100 meters and stalled on the cable at 49m.

Reactions: pete
I'm starting to think it might be related to the height of the points on the cable. Even if you've turned off the height limit on the Solo, if you place a point on the cable above 50 meters, the Solo stalls at that point. I think. Just a theory i haven't tested. Maybe it's more than 50 meters. I just know that my Solo was headed up to 100 meters and stalled on the cable at 49m.

hmmm, I'll test this tomorrow. weather is fantastic, since I got my Solo 3 weeks ago I was flying every day.

3DR : "MPCC problem you described is a known issue and we are working right now in a resolution."

I guess this is not the end of the world, for me this is fine - it's not a bug that would cause Solo to crash, it will still travel only along the MPCC path that you've created, just that sometimes it won't complete the task. Can be upsetting if you take considerable time and effort to get to a remote location and then cannot get the intended footage as happened to Stewart above, but still I rather have it working perfectly only 50% of the time than not having this feature at all.

Reactions: erikgraham
3DR : "MPCC problem you described is a known issue and we are working right now in a resolution."

I guess this is not the end of the world, for me this is fine - it's not a bug that would cause Solo to crash, it will still travel only along the MPCC path that you've created, just that sometimes it won't complete the task. Can be upsetting if you take considerable time and effort to get to a remote location and then cannot get the intended footage as happened to Stewart above, but still I rather have it working perfectly only 50% of the time than not having this feature at all.
Hi Pete,
Who are you quoting?

"MPCC problem you described is a known issue and we are working right now in a resolution."

Thanks

Hi Pete,
Who are you quoting?

"MPCC problem you described is a known issue and we are working right now in a resolution."

Thanks

this was a response from 3DR support to my query
(edit: the response was not on this forum, I received response to my support request by email)

Ok. That's useful to know.

this was a response from 3DR support to my query
(edit: the response was not on this forum, I received response to my support request by email)
OK, Just haven't read too much about errors with the MPCC & just needed to know if most people have this problem?
I ran a 7 point 950' MPCC today & it followed the original path perfectly. GPS & gimbal worked correctly.
If there is a glitch in the GPS, would cause the smart shot to stop. So i'm thinking it's GPS related?

OK, Just haven't read too much about errors with the MPCC & just needed to know if most people have this problem?
I ran a 7 point 950' MPCC today & it followed the original path perfectly. GPS & gimbal worked correctly.
If there is a glitch in the GPS, would cause the smart shot to stop. So i'm thinking it's GPS related?
It sounds more like an intermittent software issue.

We got rain each day, but thankfully the chopper could still pick us up on Friday morning as scheduled. We were on a station near Lakeland, northwest of Cooktown. The road was sealed all the way to the station turn off. There was a heap of water around the place as we drove back to Townsville on Friday afternoon.

I'm starting to think it might be related to the height of the points on the cable.

This makes sense. Mine was stalling as I was trying to ascend straight up.

Stewart

We got rain each day, but thankfully the chopper could still pick us up on Friday morning as scheduled. We were on a station near Lakeland, northwest of Cooktown. The road was sealed all the way to the station turn off. There was a heap of water around the place as we drove back to Townsville on Friday afternoon.

alright, I was thinking of NT or Kimberley, but I guess that's still too early. Mitchell Falls would be ideal for the drone, but unfortunately there is a helipad at the base camp 3km from the falls and another one at the top not far from the falls.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo