'Made for Solo' Initiative

Reaction score
Made For Solo | 3DR | Drone & UAV Technology

Really surprised no one is talking about this. In the other thread there were 2 posts on the survey but no actual discussion. Epson and JK Imaging of Kodak are already on board for development of the accessory bay for augmented reality as a flight assistance tool and virtual reality content creation, respectively.

I'm really interested in the 360 cam. I know they just recently released one that does 2048x2048 50fps, I'm not quite sure what that means though for the Solo. Does that mean they'll release one just exclusive to the solo or will there be some type of gimbal or attachment? Someone just slapped one on the bottom with video..it was actually pretty stabilized (i wonder if it has built in IS) I dont see how with a gimbal or attachment you can get the legs out of the shot? Would 2K res still produce the dreaded screen door effect on a VR headset?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
11056545_10102031572414455_998002863569455679_o.jpg

Really surprised no one is talking about this. In the other thread there were 2 posts on the survey but no actual discussion. Epson and JK Imaging of Kodak are already on board for development of the accessory bay for augmented reality as a flight assistance tool and virtual reality content creation, respectively.

I'm really interested in the 360 cam. I know they just recently released one that does 2048x2048 50fps, I'm not quite sure what that means though for the Solo. Does that mean they'll release one just exclusive to the solo or will there be some type of gimbal or attachment? Someone just slapped one on the bottom with video..it was actually pretty stabilized (i wonder if it has built in IS) I dont see how with a gimbal or attachment you can get the legs out of the shot? Would 2K res still produce the dreaded screen door effect on a VR headset?

11056545_10102031572414455_998002863569455679_o.jpg
Also curious about this. I have heard numerous rumors, including from Red (that is releasing a small camera) as well as the parachute, Lidar, light stuff released by 3DR.

One guy apparently mounted 2 360 cameras.. One on the top, and one on the bottom...

I am a "video guy" so I personally am very interested in the Lidar and Optical Flow areas, for indoor filming. I don't actually need it that much, but when you need it, you need it....

not sure if this is on the official adapter...but it works in VR mode.

some guy hung it by a rope lol

Anyways, here you can see the official pics. Too bad accessory bay doesnt seem to be used so it's just an adapter mount and gopro/gimbal has to be removed. Stock legs will be in the way but it seems like they're developing retractable legs.

acc-drone.png

Kodak Digital Cameras | Action Cam SP360 4K

solo-retractable-small-300x225.jpg

Interesting. I didn't know someone had bought the Kodak name to use on cameras. To bad the real Kodak didn't see the future as clearly as their competitors did.

Or Polaroid - some of their spy satellite work in the 60s and 70s would be fun here ;-)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela