Return to Home Function

Reaction score
I understand from reading that that the solo has a return to home button but my question is this:

Will the return to home function automatically activate if the drone is flown outside control signal range?

I suspect if a drone is flown outside of control range, and the drone is then lost as a result, this would not be covered under the 3DR warranty that states they will replace drones lost due to technical problems.

Lost connectivity activates RTH. 3DR has stated this.

Would be crazy for any drone manufacturer not to do this.

Perfect, Thank you. DJI advertising this clearly as a feature on the Phantom but I've been searching for this info on the Solo and hadn't been able to find it. It would seem crazy not to have this but I wasn't going to assume.

Yea always good not to assume. I am currently flying DJI products and the Solo pixhawk system has was more safety systems built in than the Phantoms for sure.

Course they have warranty banking on it so its in their best interested to design a product that works :)

Reactions: MikeD
Was out in Valley Forge flying an Inspire 1 (2 Controller Setup) this weekend with my buddy and thought we were going to lose the bird. The return to home feature kicked in after about 4 minutes of the Inspire 1 flying back and forth at super high speeds out of control. We had line of sight because it is very wide open out there but the controllers were showing distances of up to 1600ft and heights of almost 600ft.

We think what happened was an RC Plane signal crossed the Inspire 1 signal and took control. We took our hands off the controllers and just started to walk in the direction that the Inspire was traveling hoping to get a good vantage point of where we thought it was going to crash but after about 4 minutes of ZERO control it came down to about 100 feet and started to return to home, it landed and we booked ass out of there and went down to fly over Kelly Dr. and the Art Museum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was out in Valley Forge flying an Inspire 1 (2 Controller Setup) this weekend with my buddy and thought we were going to lose the bird. The return to home feature kicked in after about 4 minutes of the Inspire 1 flying back and forth at super high speeds out of control. We had line of sight because it is very wide open out there but the controllers were showing distances of up to 1600ft and heights of almost 600ft.

We think what happened was an RC Plane signal crossed the Inspire 1 signal and took control. We took our hands off the controllers and just started to walk in the direction that the Inspire was traveling hoping to get a good vantage point of where we thought it was going to crash but after about 4 minutes of ZERO control it went came down to about about 100 feet and started to return to home, it landed and we booked ass out of there and went down to fly over Kelly Dr. and the Art Museum.

I'm really surprised the club let you fly there

I guess it all depends on where in the park you're at. A few seconds of footage before I put down the iphone and picked up the 2nd controller to control the camera. As you can see, trees and grass for as far as you can see. We're not distance junkies so even at 1/2 mile out, we're super safe.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Your an idiot.............It a NATIONAL PARK ..................as in Valley Forge National Historical Park Pennsylvania

Their is only one place you should be flying and thats at the little RC field by the TP. Guys like you are going to F#$&* it up for everyone:mad:

I am an idiot and I guess the Rangers are idiots too for allowing it, on more than 1 occasion. Thanks for playing!

I am an idiot and I guess the Rangers are idiots too for allowing it, on more than 1 occasion. Thanks for playing!

I thought that would be your excuse, shows you how clueless some people are. My guess is you just don't give a shit about anyone but yourself

Curious how a club gets exclusive rights to a national park. Yourviewfromabove, do you know any of the history about that?

Curious how a club gets exclusive rights to a national park. Yourviewfromabove, do you know any of the history about that?

Thats a real good question and I don't have a clue. I always thought the flying field was in a stupid location. I've been there to visit a few times and have seen planes crash in the treelike behind the field which is right next to the PA Turnpike. One wrong move and you could have a very bad accident

http://www.vfss.org

Field location https://www.google.com/maps/@40.0824139,-75.4481436,374m/data=!3m1!1e3

Thank you.

Wonder if it was outlawed totally and the club made a deal to get insurance or something to allow members to fly. Seems like a constitutional violation. Well one of millions :)

Reactions: Yourviewfromabove
I also joined about 15 years ago when I was still flying gliders. After meeting with a few of the people there I thought they were pretty stuck up. Have no idea how they can fly now a days INSIDE a Nation Park........as far as I know it is inside the park, maybe not?

I thought that would be your excuse, shows you how clueless some people are. My guess is you just don't give a shit about anyone but yourself

Come on dude, you can hurl better insults than that can't you???? I'm disappointed that you suck at shooting insults but hey. I will continue to have fun INSIDE Valley Forge as long as the rangers allow it and as a final response to your childishness; if you don't know how they're/we're allowed to fly inside a National Park, why not go ask someone you jackass. Thanks for playing..

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on guys.. Can we not turn this into another forum like RCGROUPS? Let's keep it on topic and informative.
Thanx...

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Come on guys.. Can we not turn this into another forum like RCGROUPS? Let's keep it on topic and informative.
Thanx...

So your OK with flying in places its not allowed. If you have the balls to fly in a National Park at least do it well. All we have is some crappy iPhone video of an Inspire flying away LOL

Reactions: Digital Dove

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea