2.4.0 confirmed bugs?

Reaction score
Anyone know where one can look to find the list of confirmed or reported bugs for 2.4.0. I'm thinking that the 2.4.0 problems are so common that 3DR didn't even bother addressing my support ticket :). Anyway I know we're gonna hit bugs but would be nice to read them. Perhaps I would have held off on applying 2.4.0 but my ass was itching to try the panoramic shots.

What I've experienced so far on 2.4.0:

- No video on iOS app
- No gimbal control (using polar LED lights so not sure if related. Never seen the gimbal problem before.
- Being unable to change GoPro modes
- Upgrade to 2.4.0 required a factory reset as
Solo would never connect. App kept looking for Solo.

I like to be super careful when flying and when there are inconsistencies like this my confidence level in the craft diminishes significantly and makes me weary of flying. I'd love to kick off some Tower missions but not while its in this state. Autonomous missions are heart attack inducing under normal circumstances and I don't have enough confidence in Solo to do any of that when there's so much fiddling involved just to get everything talking to each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know where one can look to find the list of confirmed or reported bugs for 2.4.0. I'm thinking that the 2.4.0 problems are so common that 3DR didn't even bother addressing my support ticket :). Anyway I know we're gonna hit bugs but would be nice to read them. Perhaps I would have held off on applying 2.4.0 but my ass was itching to try the panoramic shots.

- No video on iOS app
- No gimbal control (using polar LED lights so not sure if related. Never seen the gimbal problem before.

I like to be super careful when flying and when there are inconsistencies like this my confidence level in the craft diminishes significantly and makes me weary of flying. I'd love to kick off some Tower missions but not while its in this state. Autonomous missions are heart attack inducing under normal circumstances and I don't have enough confidence in Solo to do any of that when there's so much fiddling involved just to get everything talking to each other.

If you are referring to the FW 2.4, I have been using it since released but on an Android. Many of my flights are scans in Tower and it is working fine there as well. I know some have had issues, but since it isn't everyone it makes me wonder if some of the 'bugs' are only with certain hardware (tablets/phone) combinations.

Can't speak to the SW 2.4 on iOS as I don't have an apple product.

- No video on iOS app

I am on 2.4 since April with the first public beta version and have spent a double-digit number of flight hours in the air. None of the points you listed ever occurred to me nor came up as an issue in the test group. iOS, as well as Tower and the Android 2.3 app work seamlessly with 2.4.

Likely you screwed something up during the update, which caused an inconsistent state.

I suggest first you perform a stick calibration to get the gimbal going.
GoPro modes setting should work equally fine especially when it was working before with the previous release, try to reset the GoPro by pulling the battery.
No video has nothing to do with the firmware. Check your HDMI cables and your GoPro. Likely a connector went bad.

So far the only bug I have seen was drifting, but that was not really a bug. Just had to do calibrations
My IOS and Android devices are both working fine
think I might have had one services crash in android but it caused no issues,
MPCC in android was buggy as heck before the 2.4 firmware
I would get some tickets open, minimum and depending on how savy you are, maybe a factory reset on solo and controller

I am on 2.4 since April with the first public beta version and have spent a double-digit number of flight hours in the air. None of the points you listed ever occurred to me nor came up as an issue in the test group. iOS, as well as Tower and the Android 2.3 app work seamlessly with 2.4.

Likely you screwed something up during the update, which caused an inconsistent state.

I suggest first you perform a stick calibration to get the gimbal going.
GoPro modes setting should work equally fine especially when it was working before with the previous release, try to reset the GoPro by pulling the battery.
No video has nothing to do with the firmware. Check your HDMI cables and your GoPro. Likely a connector went bad.

Well all of the problems I listed were fixed by restarts. I did have to pull the GoPro battery earlier so maybe that one is GoPro related. Gimbal came back to life after a reboot of Solo.

If like to know more about the inconsistent state that keeps getting mention as it relates to firmware upgrades. Doesn't a factory reset if done correctly put the solo in a good state? After the factory reset I re-paired the controller and solo and updated to latest via iOS app. Is there anything else that needs to be done? I don't think the article I read mentioned anything else.

Well all of the problems I listed were fixed by restarts. I did have to pull the GoPro battery earlier so maybe that one is GoPro related. Gimbal came back to life after a reboot of Solo.

If like to know more about the inconsistent state that keeps getting mention as it relates to firmware upgrades. Doesn't a factory reset if done correctly put the solo in a good state? After the factory reset I re-paired the controller and solo and updated to latest via iOS app. Is there anything else that needs to be done? I don't think the article I read mentioned anything else.

It seems 2.4 has been different as far as the actual upgrade. It appears many have had to do a reset then Compass, Stick & Level calibrations

How does one know whether those are necessary. Seems to fly fine. Though it's been a little windy and it seems like solo appeared less locked in than usual. Maybe I'll do the calibrations.

- No video on iOS app

my issue after update

i have had nothing but issues with the video feed. Everything worked fine prior to it, i do have the wifi cards upgraded in both remote and solo. Do you have feedback on your upgrade did you have the wifi cards? i want to know if i can rule those out, as they worked without issue prior to the firmware update.

All other devices are up to date IOS and gopro 4 black running v3.00 and were up to date prior to 2.4.0. update on solo.

I have already attempted to remove gimbal for testing as well as a factory reset and tried repairing the remote. I still have a rolling video image that will eventually just freeze and lose all video feed. This occurs within 1000 feet, my RSSI shows strong when this occurs around 45-50.

also my mapping is eff'd also when i pull the little map screen out as a secondary view it shows no map info i have to use as the primary view and zoom out to get map views to work

Thanks for your feed back

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks