3 STANDOFFS

Reaction score
Curtis Leo added 3 standoffs. Who thinks that? I thought before that this should be done. Removed excess vibration and legs
12553100_10153159633577030_1321689568314983215_n.jpg

I'd suggest Nylon or aluminum version for the weight aspect. He never stated that it improved on vibration, it was to remove the legs out of the shot. I assume he is shooting 4K Wide...

Not sure where you're located...but try this source instead....more options. They have a French language version of their website.

Standoffs | Farnell element14

Is the thread size on the gimbal screws M2.5 ?

You could also buy multiples of shorter (variety) lengths and then add them together to dial in your installed needs.

How? It's extending the length which will amplify any existing vibration. What makes you think it will reduce it? Its a simple physics concept. No one claimed it would reduce vibration that I've seen. The only thing this would do is get the legs out of the shot but at the risk of increased vibration.

3 suspension points but not all areas mounting, the vibration was all naprvlenie body and now localized into 3 points.
Next week test this idea on its SOLO

image933517.jpg
image933518.jpg

Area of vibration is reduced, GIMBAL and hanging on vibrating pillow, playground itself receives less vibration

Reactions: RichWest
Area of vibration is reduced, GIMBAL and hanging on vibrating pillow, playground itself receives less vibration

Dm,

The area of vibration may have been reduced but the solid contact and the resistance created by the increased airflow into the gimbal cavity wouldn't create a more stable video. All just my opinion, of course.

Jerry

image933517.jpg
image933518.jpg

Well you could be right, as the joint between the gimbal plate and body does resonate to as certain degree. I look forward to your results from testing. Good luck!

@Dmitry Is this a correct translation? - naprvlenie = direction; trend, course; range; directive, order; action, effect

What is your native language?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig