3DR Announces Android App v2.4 out in "few weeks"

Don't care about those 2 features, but it is a bad omen. And who knows what this update may break with that developer gone.

What I do hope they give us is Follow Me that adjusts altitude like the iOS version.

It looks like the customer service reps are just using the same scripted response.
I asked 3DR if they ever planned to include AR and Geofence for Android, and this is what I got

"We will be releasing Solo Android 2.4 in a few weeks. It will have the Zip, Pano, Return to Me, and Return and Hover. Unfortunately, we're not planning to have AR or Geofence, those features will only be on iOS. As always, all bugs and issues will continue to be addressed ASAP."

Feeling betrayed at the moment!
No Rewind in the next Android version?

I did not test it but Rewind was part of the hardware release since it does not require the app
just firmware 2.4 on the vehicle and controller

I did not test it but Rewind was part of the hardware release since it does not require the app
just firmware 2.4 on the vehicle and controller

How do you adjust the length of the rewind if it is not on the app? Will it rewind the default 60 feet without the app update and then be able to be adjusted for a longer rewind when the Android app gets the update?

No Rewind in the next Android version?
Sure there will be. Rewind is just one of the options in the new RTH configuration menu.
And btw it's working fine already with the current Android app along with 2.2 FW :)

people will have a hissy fit no matter what happens
the real people will get it
we are getting the main features, results are what I care about
With the addition of zip and pano, and return to me I can get as good a result with android as I can with Apple
So its good, in my humble opinion
Have you guys heard about B&H Camera selling Solos with a 3 axis gimbal for 599.00? Sorry I posted it here but I saw you were in line? Wonder what's up?

got my 599 special from BB three weeks ago
solo 1 developed GPS problems and It is having a GPS upgrade Solo 2 got my t-motors

Could you send a link for the t motors? I'm interested to see what is the advantage. Is it speed or is it a smoother ride? Are they difficult to switch out.

For those who dont check diydrones,
this comment response today from Chris Anderson:

Comment by Chris Anderson 13 minutes ago

Chris M: Yes, many Android features will continue to trail iOS features in release time, since the same team works on both and has to sequence them, but we are going to try to maintain as much feature parity as possible. But to answer your question directly, iOS is the preferred platform and Android releases may not have 100% of the same features. That's actually quite common for apps that make significant demands on hardware, and the latest iOS Solo apps will be increasingly dependant on the graphics capability of iOS devices, which is not matched by all Android devices. AR is a good example of that. So bottom line: we're going to do our best to match iOS features on Android (I'm an Android user myself!) but we can't promise 100%.

Im calling BULL$#!* on Chirs, @Vu.3DR my NVIDIA shield (which i bought specifically for my solo just months ago because I was led to believe that 3DR was FULLY COMPATIBLE WITH ANDROID) beats ipad mini4 in graphics processing!!!

NVIDIA SHIELD tablet K1 vs. iPad mini 4 vs. Samsung Galaxy Tab S2!
Nvidia SHIELD vs Apple iPad mini 4 - Phone specs comparison

Reactions: Gordy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44