Angry, Frustrated and Disappointed

I am at work and have limited resources to draw on here but I believe that a factory reset also resets the wifi pass back to stock. It might be worth it to have your app forget it's solo wifi connection and then find it again. Try logging on with Sololink as the pass.
As Aidanlou stated, once everything was calibrated and happy I haven't had any problems. I am pleased enough that I recently bought a second one for a spare from the Amazon sale. I fully expect to have to update it and calibrate at the very least level and compass. This next one is coming from Indiana and God only knows where else it has been. For all I know it was sitting next to a subwoofer somebody else ordered this weekend on it's way to me. I worked for UPS briefly and expect that it has also been thrown and tossed around in loading and unloading. My point is that I will be extremely surprised if it gets here and I can fly it right out of the box.
With that said I also understand the mistakes I made the first time. SARDG stated it well when he said "Take your time." I was impatient the first time and had to start over a few times before getting it right. I also expect the battery to be drained to around 80% if not lower by the time it finishes and if I had only one I would recharge it before flying. I can fully relate to your issues as I have been there. I agree that 3dr could have done a better job explaining all of this to customers but once it is done the equipment operates as advertised very well. The actual instruction manual is available for download. I'm not sure why it isn't in the box where it belongs but it is available. https://3drobotics.zendesk.com/hc/article_attachments/203316413/v9_02_25_16.pdf
Once it is happy Solo does get some very nice footage. This is from my 3rd, 5th and 6th flights with it. The horrible landing area was on my third flight but I had to have pictures of the view and it was the best spot available at the time.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
GOD BLESS THE USA :)

According to this. http://thepaperfile.com/public/3dr/calibration.sticks.mac.pdf The password should be the same as solo's wifi pass. So sololink if you haven't changed it or whatever you changed to if you did. I recommend you do change it because someone else with a clue can log on your solo while in flight and send it commands through tower etc. Later it asks for the one provided by Surfn.

According to this. http://thepaperfile.com/public/3dr/calibration.sticks.mac.pdf The password should be the same as solo's wifi pass. So sololink if you haven't changed it or whatever you changed to if you did. I recommend you do change it because someone else with a clue can log on your solo while in flight and send it commands through tower etc. Later it asks for the one provided by Surfn.

The password needed for to SSH into the stick cal program is the one posted above. The only thing the WiFi password is used for is the WiFi.

Reactions: Ian [P13]
Meh. If he follows the link he will figure it out. If you kept reading I mentioned he needed the other one too. I couldn't see the pictures he provided on the phone so not sure which one he is stuck on but the link will get him through it.

Are you a wizard?
That is the root password for both the controller and solo (not your user selected wifi password). Always has been and it's not changeable (well it is but the solo app wouldn't work). You only need it when ssh'ing or using sftp to retrieve log files off the operating system, after your connected to the wifi using your (custom) wifi password.

Reactions: Ian [P13] and SARDG
That is the root password for both the controller and solo (not your user selected wifi password). Always has been and it's not changeable (well it is but the solo app wouldn't work). You only need it when ssh'ing or using sftp to retrieve log files off the operating system, after your connected to the wifi using your (custom) wifi password.

And I'm a wizard! The Wizard of Oz- tralia! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Solo Keith
So did it finally work?
Thanks again for all the help! I am really busy at work and really have not had another chance to test the next step! I will probably have time to test again on Sunday! I keep you posted once I get there :)

I think you'll be successful. My first solo, right out of the box had a stick cal error. Took only a few minutes with that procedure and it was ready to fly.

Reactions: aidanlou
Hey everyone! I had a busy months working and could not bare a moment to test further debugging my Solo until now.

Finally I got the first fly!!

Thanks everyone for your controbution, help and encouraging messages during my process. 3DR support got 0 points and 110 goes for all of you here! Million thanks!

I finally got to air and as many of you said the experience so far on air was marvellous!! If I had known the difficulties it takes to fly this package I had never bought it and never would even now - but now that I finally got my Solo to fly I must admit its the best drone filming tool I have ever had - even compared to my X8 (which was easier to get to sky even it was not marketed as "out-of-the-box".

Thanks for you all. Great community, great product! (Once it flies ;) )

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M