Battery Charging Graphs

Have you experienced the battery shutting down before it's fully charged, yet claiming it is 100%? On numerous occasions, my batteries will cut off alleging they're 100% full, but the voltage is only around 16.3 volts. It will be charging away, still pulling 5 amps, and cut off saying it's full. Then of course, it thinks it is full and cannot resume charging again.

I've just discovered this problem. I have a new battery with less than 3 cycles on it. I just finished a charge cycle and the battery shut off. My multimeter is showing 16.22 volts which is 4.05v per cell.

Something is not right :(

I'm waiting on my 2nd battery to finish charging so I can measure it.

Plot thickens. Put the battery in the solo and powered it up. Solo app reports 16.6 volts and 98% charged. My 2 multimeters both measure 16.2 volts.

Battery #2 - purchased at the same time (only 3 cycles). Fully charged 16.3 volts on my multimeter. In the solo powered up the 3dr solo app reports 16.6 volts and 99% charged.

Note: I charge my batteries with the stock charger.

Last edited:
@PdxSteve, just to clarify is the cc/cv charger you mentioned an actual charger (like we use for other lipo's) or a power supply only?

It's only a power converter and needs an external DC power supply. I'm using a 120/240 AC to 12 Volt/50 Amp DC power supply to feed 6 of them to charge 6 batteries. They boost the 12V to 16.8V and also limit the current to 6A which is the max the solo battery can take.

Reactions: Maddog

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44