Construction Project

Reaction score
Website
edbeckphotography.com
I've got a gig to shoot this construction site every other week to show progress. Here's the first week's results.

I'm using Adobe Premier Pro for post and I'm not as familiar with it as I am other Adobe products. Anyone have suggestions on what AND HOW to make some post-processing adjustments?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

...I'm using Adobe Premier Pro for post and I'm not as familiar with it as I am other Adobe products. Anyone have suggestions on what AND HOW to make some post-processing adjustments?
Gosh Ed, I haven't used Premiere for about 20 years, but remember that even back then the capabilities were simply above and beyond anything else commonly used within the prosumer (even professional) market. Today, Premier Pro likely has far more capabilities so asking about post-processing adjustments would be like asking "how do I do brain surgery?" and getting a succinct answer.

That's the problem with some of this fine software available today - steep learning curves.

Use smart shots to take video/images. Solo automatically save smart shots, so when you go back to shoot again, just look for the same smart shot & click on it. Just have to start up Solo from the same spot each time.
If i was you, i would read up on Smart shots.
Why is your Video so shaky? do you have a gimbal?

Reactions: bluesgeek
You're right about that. When it comes to Photoshop I can do pretty much anything so I know that this video needs some work. What I don't know is which plug-ins to use and how to use them.

Use smart shots to take video/images. Solo automatically save smart shots, so when you go back to shoot agaiin, just look for the smae smart soht & click on it.
If i was you, i would read up on Smart shots.
Why is your Video so shaky? do you have a gimbal?
I'm using smart shots, unveiled got about 5 programmed for this site. I have a gimbal but sped the video up 3x to shorten it

If you aren't shooting in protune, you want to. Suggested GoPro Settings for Solo

Then you can use a LUT made for gopro to help bring the color and saturation back, as well as choose white balance, etc. You will be amazed at the quality.
Here is a really good free one from ground control (yes you have to sign up): FREE GOPRO LUT
Here's a video of theirs:

As @SteveReno mentioned, Mercalli is pretty much the granddaddy of video stabilization. That said, you can do quite a lot and achieve really good video using Warp Stabilizer in Premiere. Like everything, it takes practice and there are a lot of settings/options.

There are a lot of really good tutorials on youtube.

If you aren't shooting in protune, you want to. Suggested GoPro Settings for Solo

Then you can use a LUT made for gopro to help bring the color and saturation back, as well as choose white balance, etc. You will be amazed at the quality.
Here is a really good free one from ground control (yes you have to sign up): FREE GOPRO LUT
Here's a video of theirs:

As @SteveReno mentioned, Mercalli is pretty much the granddaddy of video stabilization. That said, you can do quite a lot and achieve really good video using Warp Stabilizer in Premiere. Like everything, it takes practice and there are a lot of settings/options.

There are a lot of really good tutorials on youtube.
I forgot about LUTs! Duh. Yeah I've used and like them. Thanks.

The key to that free ground control lut is use it as a technical, or input LUT not a creative LUT
assuming Premiere Pro, look in lumetri and under basic options use the LUT there
Not the LUT under creative "LOOKS"

Make sure you are using that on raw video of the sd card, and it works best with protune on

Yes, use it in the Lumetri Color Video Effect panel. I think the saturation at 160-180% looks great depending on the footage. Really makes it pop and still feels natural. Rich and vibrant.

Warp stabilizer is superior to Prodad software. No need to spend the extra $$

Good work!

I back my in camera sharpening down. I find sharpening in post is more effective.
BTW wait for Mercalli to go on sale and grab it. It goes on sale a lot.
It offers cmos correction that does not happen in Premier Pro.
For certain situations its the only thing that will work

Ed,

You responded to my drones as a service thread so I owe you.

Congrats on picking up this gig. I assume this is for weekly progress updates for their stakeholders.

I see you sped up your video, which I highly recommend you don't do. Instead, cut each segment into parts that are no more than 5 to 7 seconds max. If you need to cover a whole side of a building in one shot, do the best you can to cut out anything repetitive or deemed not as an important as you progress from point A to B. Also, forget all about post processing unstable video, simply cut it out of your shots.

Lastly, In the future, fly slow and steady as you and the wind will allow.

This will help the video look more professional.

Thanks,

Funny thing is I've sped up my drone and fly it around 30 to 50 mph when doing higher altitude stuff like orbits. I've slowed it down for dolly pushes at lower or descending altitudes.

Thanks for the help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig