Flying Solo with goggles (VR)

Welcome to the forum Robert!

Yes you can but the video latency between the GoPro and viewing device is generally too long to safely fly by goggle alone.

There are threads here you can read by searching "goggles", etc.
I think we all have problems with sun glare- some folks are ok with a sun shield for their tablet/phone.

I use an iPad mini 3 and have a sun shield and I put anti-glare film on the screen which helped a lot. Still not as bright as I would like.:(

I'd think a headset would be fine. Most people aren't racing their Solo or flying in Acro mode. Personally I rarely fly over 20mph. I guess it all depends on what you're doing...

Having not flying to much around here, I am in New Brunswick Canada. Got my Solo in November 2015, tried it 2, 3 time and love it so far. Can't wait for spring and summer to get here, lot's of beautiful images around south of New Brunswick.

Another matter about the Solo outdoor case. I got it a few weeks ago and it's ok, only one issue, the props guards won't fit in it. I wonder if someone have a solution?

Thank you very much Maddog. Im sure they will come up with a solution in a advance future. Will wait and see.
Look here: Hoodman ..I looked these over at the IDE in December. These guys have been making sun hoods for decades. Great solutions. I've got one on-order for use with my Galaxy Tab 4 8inch.

Can a VR Virtual reality goggle be use to fly my Solo 3DR? That would take care of the sun glare in my screen
I have been wondering the same thing. Since the screen I use for FPV is an iPad connected through WiFi to the controller, I was thinking of using the 3DR app on an iPhone and putting it in a pair of Google Cardboard goggles ($10 to $20), or if I want to buy up, into a Zeiss VR One ($120). I read somewhere that this would work, but the device (iPad in my case) that connects first is the one that will control the camera, and be used to set the orbit parameters. I have a second person who would be the visual observer. Anyone know whether this would in fact work?

Hi Robert. Welcome to the forum. I have the hard case as well as the Solo backpack. There is always something extra that won't fit in either that you want to bring along. I bought a cheap nylon type tool bag that zips up to carry all the misc. stuff I want to bring along. It works well for me. Good luck, and safe flying.

Can a VR Virtual reality goggle be use to fly my Solo 3DR? That would take care of the sun glare in my screen
The HeadPlay - these works beautifully. The video comes from the HDMI-out port on the controller. You won't see the OSD information, but that's minor compared to the awesome view you'll get with these goggles. You won't win a beauty contest on the flying line, but they do work really well. I upgraded the internal lens to these. The only tricky part is using the right HDMI connectors, you'll need a mini and micro cable to connect the goggles to the Solo controller. I bought the Headplays from GetFPV.com

Reactions: jmeyer7526
MadDog, here's a update:
"As a reminder: shipment is set to start on March 14th. All Kickstarter orders will be shipped out in between March 14 - March 31."

I may order soon...
Thanks for the heads up- how did you find out?

I tried to get them for $99, but no go. But i may be able to buy them in Austin on the 14th, there sending them out on the 14th & having a Demo in Austin.
I really think these are what we all need for Solo.
Order now for the 14th for $149.00

Update 24: Shipment, SXSW and Bay Area Vufine Pick-Up · Vufine: a Handsfree Wearable Display
I would if I was sure it would work for me- I don't to be stuck with something I can't use. Also, I don't know anything about the (company?) making them- tech. support, warranty, etc.
If anybody has more info about such stuff, I'd love to hear it!

The price is now up to $169 + $10 shipping. Only orders placed in 2015 will ship out by March 14th. 2016 orders ship in late April.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado