Gimbal Question Thread

Reaction score
I would guess there are some like myself that have received their gimbal yesterday and have no experience with them. I think I am a pretty good pilot but the gimbal operation is new to me. I am in ground school as far as gimbal is concerned. Not exactly sure what "sweep is", figured out the angle, pre-set- angle etc. However, I did a Pre-set sweep but now cant adjust sweep as there is no response from the sweep control. Is there an "un-lock pre-set sweep" control or something like that? I will not move off of 3 second. Appreciate your help.

Thanks

I have been seeing some rumbling about what the current firmware/app will let you control on the GoPro so for those that have one, can I take stills without setting my GoPro to Video+Photo every X seconds using the Solo Controller?

I have been seeing some rumbling about what the current firmware/app will let you control on the GoPro so for those that have one, can I take stills without setting my GoPro to Video+Photo every X seconds using the Solo Controller?
Right now you can't change GoPro's modes within the solo app. That functionality will be available within the next month. GoPro made some major changes to their HeroBus API without notice so 3DR is having to go back and rewrite parts of the GoPro integration for the solo app. Hopefully full GoPro integration functionality will be available by year-end.

So the control on the controller on the rear right hand side just to the right of the right antenna that turns to the left and right, with two buttons above and below that have 1 and 2 on them that's labeled angle pre-sets has no functionality at the moment. Is that correct?

So the control on the controller on the rear right hand side just to the right of the right antenna that turns to the left and right, with two buttons above and below that have 1 and 2 on them that's labeled angle pre-sets has no functionality at the moment. Is that correct?
No, they are working for me. The pre-sets are set at 0 (straight ahead) and 90 (straight down). The wheel determines the speed in deg/sec that it will travel between those 2 points. If it is looking straight ahead and you hit the 90 preset, it will go to 90 at the speed determined by the wheel.

yes, mine worked that way for about a minute, then became totally unresponsive, I have removed the battery, gimbal, re-installed, same thing. Doesn't look good at this point.

GoPro made some major changes to their HeroBus API without notice so 3DR is having to go back and rewrite parts of the GoPro integration for the solo app. Hopefully full GoPro integration functionality will be available by year-end.

Oh Geez. As if 3DR needed that. Gimbal has been rocky enough without GoPro causing issues!

I feel bad for 3DR. I suppose working with another company is somewhat new to GoPro. Is there anyone else that offers a project that adds functionality or control via the hero port? I thought 3DR was it.

Yup, just updated my Hero 3+ and lost ability to stream much video. Previous to the update I was streaming 4k with no problems. Probably going to roll back the firmware update until 3DR drops their next update.

My biggest problem right now is my preset angle buttons are non-responsive. The controller is displaying nonsense in the preset sweep field. It was certainly working at some point and I've had no hard landings or crashes since I installed the gimbal. On the phone with tech support, we shall see what they say.

Oh Geez. As if 3DR needed that. Gimbal has been rocky enough without GoPro causing issues!

I feel bad for 3DR. I suppose working with another company is somewhat new to GoPro. Is there anyone else that offers a project that adds functionality or control via the hero port? I thought 3DR was it.
Great. After all this time.....waiting. Now this. Bout to go Hitler here.

This should be interesting. I believe the next firmware release is imminent. My call with tech support was pleasant, a number of questions were answered, but my issue remains. I'm interested to see if the follow up I was promised happens.

Only time will tell...

Yup, just updated my Hero 3+ and lost ability to stream much video. Previous to the update I was streaming 4k with no problems. Probably going to roll back the firmware update until 3DR drops their next update.

My biggest problem right now is my preset angle buttons are non-responsive. The controller is displaying nonsense in the preset sweep field. It was certainly working at some point and I've had no hard landings or crashes since I installed the gimbal. On the phone with tech support, we shall see what they say.
Confused. My experience is that streaming is always 720p, regardless of what is being recorded. Sweep requires setup of A and B points. Have you done that? What happens?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44