GoPro Hero 4 Black issue..

Reaction score
Hey folks, so im having a problem after the latest update, the inflight gopro controls on the app arent working, i get the video feed but i cant change any of the settings (crossed out gopro icon) tried restarting the solo, Tx, gopro and no luck. Anybody else having this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any chance in the Solo APP you have the wrong GoPro model selected. I fly with a Silver and I set it to black by accident one day and the app constantly says to me wrong camera attached!! and locks out most of the settings!??

I have this issue on occasion. After everything else is started, turn your gopro off, and then back on, this almost always works for me.

Last edited:
I downloaded the latest update onto my iPad mini 3 but had lots of problems.
I uninstalled the Solo app and when I tried to reinstall, I got a message that iOS 9.0 and higher are required to install it. After updating I reinstalled but haven't had time to check it out yet.

UPDATE: I took Solo out today and flew for awhile. Updating my iOS and then reinstalling the Solo app cured all the problems I was having with MPCC, follow-me and GPS.

Last edited:
I had this issue after I changed some default settings on my GoPro (Hero4 Black), under the Setup I changed the "Default Mode" or "Default Sub Mode" to something other than Video (can't remember exactly what I did but I think I changed the Sub Mode to Video+Photo) and that's when I had same problem as you, after changing it back to "Video" (for both - the Default mode as well as Sub Mode) it fixed my problem.

What Eric said!!! I have had to update the GoPro firmware after each Solo update. Everything works fine for me after the firmware update.

Already on the latest gopro firmware. Thanks for all your suggestions, ill check those out and see if i can get it working again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fixed my issue. On the solo APP i had the right model selected, Hero 4 Black, i just changed it to "Other" and back to Hero 4 Black and it unlocked all the settings, working fine now, just letting everyone know.

Fixed my issue. On the solo APP i had the right model selected, Hero 4 Black, i just changed it to "Other" and back to Hero 4 Black and it unlocked all the settings, working fine now, just letting everyone know.
A good tip for all. Revised GoPro trouble shooting check list:
  1. Update GoPro firmware.
  2. Update Solo app and Solo/Controller firmware.
  3. Now double check that you really did update the GoPro firmware.
  4. Make sure GoPro is firmly seated into back connector on gimbal, and make sure HDMI cable is firmly plugged in.
  5. Try changing camera type to a different model, and then back to the correct model.
  6. Turn everything off, then power up GoPro first, then Solo, then Controller, then connect tablet/phone to Solo wifi, then launch Solo app.
  7. Test GoPro HDMI out on a TV (requires cable)
  8. Borrow another GoPro and test it in your Solo. (but make sure it's firmware is up to date!)
  9. Send support ticket to 3DR

Reactions: skyhax and SROlmeda

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44