magnetic interference

Reaction score
Ok my solo did a flip while landing I have no clue why BUT it landed in the dirt driveway and made a mess out of the drone, so I took apart what I dare to and cleaned it with canned air and a new paint brush put it back together went to fly it and I keep getting the mag interference prompt and no way to fly the copter whatsoever. its been sitting up on a wooden table and I put the battery and it seemed to work. brought it outside and before I could put it down MAGNETIC INTERFERENCE comes on. I've tried to recalibrate the lev and the compass I don't know what else I can do. any ideas friends I appreciate any and all input thanks.

Ok my solo did a flip while landing I have no clue why BUT it landed in the dirt driveway and made a mess out of the drone, so I took apart what I dare to and cleaned it with canned air and a new paint brush put it back together went to fly it and I keep getting the mag interference prompt and no way to fly the copter whatsoever. its been sitting up on a wooden table and I put the battery and it seemed to work. brought it outside and before I could put it down MAGNETIC INTERFERENCE comes on. I've tried to recalibrate the lev and the compass I don't know what else I can do. any ideas friends I appreciate any and all input thanks.

bigDavid, sorry to hear of your issues. I just had a similar issue, after downloading Solo's parameters in Tower I found the data to be corrupted. I uploaded a previously saved parameter file back to Solo and the "Magnetic Interference" problem vanished.

Hope this helps you get back in the air.

If you don't have saved parameters you can reset them to stock. Here is how per 3DR tech I queried a couple of months back:

(Just wanted information on resetting Solo's stock parameters using the Tower app. Thanks)

This is Amanda from 3D Robotics technical support, I hope your day is going well!

We recommend the following:

• Connect to the SoloLink WiFi network
  • Open Tower
  • Go to Menu >> Setting >> Telemetry Connection Type >> UDP
  • Go back to the main screen >> Click on Connect
  • Go to Menu >> Parameters
  • Look and change SYSID_SW_MREV to 0
  • From option on the top, select Upload (folder with Up arrow)
  • Disconnect and reboot Solo
After you do that, connect using Solo App and re do Compass and Level Calibration.
Let us know if there is anything else I can assist you with!

Amanda Chacón
3DR Tech Support
Supporting you 24/7
Call us to: (858) 225-1414
Toll free: (855) 982-2898

Reactions: LAK-USA
bigDavid, sorry to hear of your issues. I just had a similar issue, after downloading Solo's parameters in Tower I found the data to be corrupted. I uploaded a previously saved parameter file back to Solo and the "Magnetic Interference" problem vanished.

Hope this helps you get back in the air.

First thank you for your reply but I have not downloaded anything since new. I took it out and when landing I don't know if I did something wrong or? but it went full throttle flipped and filled the air (and the quad) with dirt so I cleaned it best as I could COMPLETELY TORE IT DOWN cleaned it with canned air and a soft brush. after reassembly the problems were there and I'm not sure what to do. any other thought's?

Has it EVER flown successfully from that spot before?

I had the same probelm once, Figured out, that my cement driveway had rebar embedded "Steel bars" to reinforce the cement.
Move my take off point, 3 feet away on ground/grass, worked.

Since you haven't chanced a prams, I would also, uninstall, then reinstall the Solo App on your device.

Just found this info. Constant beeping alarm and magnetic interference

Hope this helps

Has it EVER flown successfully from that spot before?

I had the same probelm once, Figured out, that my cement driveway had rebar embedded "Steel bars" to reinforce the cement.
Move my take off point, 3 feet away on ground/grass, worked.

Since you haven't chanced a prams, I would also, uninstall, then reinstall the Solo App on your device.

Just found this info. Constant beeping alarm and magnetic interference

Hope this helps
thanks for responding. yes I have flown from there every time I fly from home, but now no matter where I try to fly from cant get away from that dreaded magnetic interference bug. BUT I like what you said delete the solo app and reinstall it. I'm going to do that right NOW!!! thanks alot:)

thanks for responding. yes I have flown from there every time I fly from home, but now no matter where I try to fly from cant get away from that dreaded magnetic interference bug. BUT I like what you said delete the solo app and reinstall it. I'm going to do that right NOW!!! thanks alot:)
Hope that works for you.

Hope that works for you.
thanks. well I tried it and the dresser I keep it on has no issues but the instant I move it outside or anywhere else the mag interference pops up. I deleted it and reinstalled it and nothing. o well

"Deleted it" as in "uninstalled"
cause if you just deleted main program, It's not the same as uninstalling.
Go back to dresser, take off props, if you can get GPS, than start it up. If everything worked, then turn off Solo, then controller. Leave camera out of gimbal.
Now, go outside & try again.

"Deleted it" as in "uninstalled"
cause if you just deleted main program, It's not the same as uninstalling.
Go back to dresser, take off props, if you can get GPS, than start it up. If everything worked, then turn off Solo, then controller. Leave camera out of gimbal.
Now, go outside & try again.
I did that steve but as soon as it connects the mag interference is lights up again. what I cant figure out is in my home with a ton of electronics wires etc theres no problem in fact it locked on 10 sat's on Friday the second I took it outside it went to the interference prompt again. I took it to a field in the middle of nowhere that we just cut all our hay and same thing mag interference. there is no ryme or reason. I guess I can take my dresser with me and fly it from there everywhere I go. I want to do a factory reset but I was told by 3dr not to do that w/o permission. you have been a great help steve. if you can think of anything else let me know.

Did you ever solve this issue? My SOLO is doing the same thing... small crash... no damage, now ALWAYS magnetic interference.... calibrations fail....

Did you ever solve this issue? My SOLO is doing the same thing... small crash... no damage, now ALWAYS magnetic interference.... calibrations fail....
Yes i did. To make it short after it flipped on me it was full of sand and every other thing in my driveway i took it apart and when it was put back together the compad on the leg was backwards. It has a raised area that i thought pointed out. I was wrong. Try flipping it 180 that should do it. Let me know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M