Motors Pods DIY fix with replacement parts

Reaction score
I knew i had bearing issues with the noise coming up from the motor
So after search the net for replacement parts i end up
with all the parts i need to maintain the 4 engines pods

First the motors ares practically the same as SunnySky V22 or X22-II Motors but shorter shaft

Bearing kit 3.17mm, a pair of Top and Bottom $3.99 for the set
http://www.buddyrc.com/sunnysky-x2212-ii-bearings-pair.html

Retainer Clips for 3.17mm Motor Shafts FIVE "C" clips $0.75
http://www.headsuphobby.com/Retainer-Clips-for-317mm-Motor-…

Replacement Motor Shaft - 3.17mm x 41mm 'C' clip is included $2.50 eachs
http://www.headsuphobby.com/Replacement-Motor-Shaft-for-Pow…

PS: Hope this will help you to maintain your Engine Pods
Also check your motors without props and check if you have unusual noise or vibrations
So i can confirm these parts will work with solo engine pod

Solo bearings mesurments top and bottom bearings
1) 951mm outside inside 3.17mm thickness 355mm
2) 792mm outside inside 3.17mm thickness355mm

Last edited:
Wow that's pretty quick I fly almost daily, hope I don't start having motor issues before even completing solo with a gimbal. I have noticed my batteries already seem to be getting a bit less life though which sucks.

I have been keeping an eye on the right rear.. always spin them by hand before and after and it never feels right. Figured it's just me but who knows.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

If you want a supplier in the US of bearings, in the past I always had good luck with www.bocabearings.com

If you know the size of the bearings, I'm sure they will have quality bearings, or can recommend what to use.

Reactions: Adimuzio513
I have been keeping an eye on the right rear.. always spin them by hand before and after and it never feels right. Figured it's just me but who knows.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Agreed boca does make quality bearings I'm running them in my xo-1 and if they hold up to that huge motor and those speeds they'll last forever in solo.

It's odd I also noticed that my right rear motor always spins longer and actually in mine feels a bit smoother than the rest.

One of my motor pods (right rear #4) is losing power... flipped over the Solo on takeoff yesterday. Fortunately it landed on it's back in the grass... cut a little grass but no obvious damage. I visually checked each of the pod circuit boards and nothing looks burned or damaged but the right rear still tends to lose power and the Solo starts hopping up and down on takeoff and during flight to overcompensate for the power loss. So how can you take the motors apart and replace the bearings... assuming they need new bearings? Are these brushless motors? In other words how serviceable are the motors? Thanks for any insight you might have. -Mike

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso