NAB,,,Where's 3DR???

Booth C2145
Looks like a pretty good size booth. Bigger than Yuneec anyway..
qChE03

Last edited:
3DR is there. I'm showing some new things for them in my UAV classes, and they've got a great boothspace. Plus, they're out at the Nelson site flying, too. They will have a large presence.

3DR is there. I'm showing some new things for them in my UAV classes, and they've got a great boothspace. Plus, they're out at the Nelson site flying, too. They will have a large presence.
hmmm. I'm thinking about going. I have some conflicts but I might be able to move some things around. What do you think the best days are to attend? I assume most of the big announcements will be on Monday.

hmmm. I'm thinking about going. I have some conflicts but I might be able to move some things around. What do you think the best days are to attend? I assume most of the big announcements will be on Monday.
Big announcements *usually* happen the Friday prior to show open. Sometimes they'll wait for a Monday p.m. press release, it just depends on which traffic the company wants to hit. Wed/Thurs are the least busy days for the show. I'm there Thursday to the Friday of the next week.

Big announcements *usually* happen the Friday prior to show open. Sometimes they'll wait for a Monday p.m. press release, it just depends on which traffic the company wants to hit. Wed/Thurs are the least busy days for the show. I'm there Thursday to the Friday of the next week.
Thanks. Given the recent news at 3DR, I don't think I'll bother changing my plans.

That they're focusing on Commerce/Enterprise? That's where the real money is, so it's understandable why they'd add focus there.

Reactions: Jubalr
That they're focusing on Commerce/Enterprise? That's where the real money is, so it's understandable why they'd add focus there.

oh ok, just dont really understand why this would be a reason not to go to NAB if were seriously considering...

Personally, "focusing on commerical/enterprise" = better cameras w/ integrated remote control. I dont see this as abandonment of SOLO platform, I see it as progression....I'm no insider or heavy forum follower, so I may be missing something?

oh ok, just dont really understand why this would be a reason not to go to NAB if were seriously considering...

Personally, "focusing on commerical/enterprise" = better cameras w/ integrated remote control. I dont see this as abandonment of SOLO platform, I see it as progression....I'm no insider or heavy forum follower, so I may be missing something?

I don't think you're missing anything. Some people think the sky is falling; it's simply shifting its color a shade.

Honestly I have been waiting anxiously for this day for about 8-9 years...when the software ,consumer market driven pricepoint, and pro/pro-sumer camera companies start pruducing actionsport formfactor bodies/sensors/glass...its a great time....try explaining a cine-flex rig , costs, logisitics to a fullsail kid ..haha

Reactions: EyeWingsuit
Well I'd have to change my schedule around to attend, so I was never really seriously considering.

Given the change of direction and some additional information I'm hearing through the grape vine, I'm skeptical of how important NAB is going to be to 3DR this year or going forward. If they pivot quickly, which they should, then NAB16 can't possibly be as important for them. They will still go because they reserved their booth months ago. But I'm hedging my bets. If they do indeed release some great new products then I'll be happy. If they don't, and I've completely rearranged my schedule to attend, then I'll have gone to a lot of effort for nothing.

Reactions: jibcamera
I don't think you're missing anything. Some people think the sky is falling; it's simply shifting its color a shade.
True enough. But it's shifting to a color I'm not personally interested in. The sky might not be falling, but the news is definitely a bummer. At the end of the day, it's just easier to stick with my plans and keep an eye on the Internet durring NAB to see what happens.

The show rumours are all about virtual reality, 360 degree cameras, things like that. 2015 was the year of the drone. I've attended 15 NABs. If you do want to go, Tuesday is better with Wednesday being the best for light traffic. Thursday is a short day. It's a great day for bargain hunting - bring cash.

I wanted to go, and seeing the quadcopter guys was a strong incentive, but having made my mine up on the Solo removes the incentive.

Aside from the Solo backpack, what are people using as a case? Its$200 in Canada, which is hard to stomach

Thx

Reactions: jibcamera
The show rumours are all about virtual reality, 360 degree cameras, things like that. 2015 was the year of the drone. I've attended 15 NABs. If you do want to go, Tuesday is better with Wednesday being the best for light traffic. Thursday is a short day. It's a great day for bargain hunting - bring cash.

I wanted to go, and seeing the quadcopter guys was a strong incentive, but having made my mine up on the Solo removes the incentive.

Aside from the Solo backpack, what are people using as a case? Its$200 in Canada, which is hard to stomach

Thx

Was $200 here in Houston at a Fry's electronics store... I like the backpacks lightness...My iris is in a hard and heavy case

Thx
I got a goprofessional cases backpack. But that's even more expensive.

If you search backpacks on this site you might be able to find a post from this past fall. The guy got a $44 (US) backpack, and then put the packaging material that the solo ships in inside that. It seems like it worked pretty well for him.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks