New Sony camera only with Site Scan?

Reaction score
So all the rave is about the new software and hardware. Seems to be fairly obvious what is coming just have a look at the NAB thread and attached image.

Will the Sony camera only be allowed with a monthly Site Scan subscription? Looks as if it is on a gimbal of some sort which would be great for videography!

Attachments

• BOYcmkD.jpg
    BOYcmkD.jpg
    413.6 KB · Views: 99
Surely this camera will be available stand-alone for us that are comfortable using other software. If not, that would seem to go against the whole "open platform" approach they have taken.

It's my understanding that the Sony will not be made available to anyone without the Site Scan subscription, etc.:(
Hope that changes...

It's my understanding that the Sony will not be made available to anyone without the Site Scan subscription, etc.:(
Hope that changes...

This is true ... I was told by 3DR rep "cameras will be made available to Site Scan customers first and I don't expect many ... Buy now"

honestly dont really want the qx1 iteration of this camera anyway as it doesnt do 4k and is 2+ years old....I would like the beefier gimbal with a sony/blackmagic or similar quality micro 4/3 camera remote bus support.

Reactions: XperienceVisuals
honestly dont really want the qx1 iteration of this camera anyway as it doesnt do 4k and is 2+ years old....I would like the beefier gimbal with a sony/blackmagic or similar quality micro 4/3 camera remote bus support.

Surely the Blackmagic micro could be adapted to fly ... 2nd this idea

Black magic is too heavy for the current power of solo
someone is going to need to come up with a lighter camera

Black magic is too heavy for the current power of solo
someone is going to need to come up with a lighter camera
If Solo can fly the Sony QX1 package, then it can fly the BlackMagic Micro...of course you need to stick to lighter lenses.

this little guy would be nice too but it probably is pushing weight too much at approx. 400g body
Full-frame 35mm 4K sensor and 100Mbps recording:eek:
https://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/product-UMCS3C/
Cf8wPpOWIAAIRWX.jpg:large

Last edited:
If Solo can fly the Sony QX1 package, then it can fly the BlackMagic Micro...of course you need to stick to lighter lenses.
might want to check your weights, there is a lot of difference between weight on those two cameras

im coming up with 50g difference between BMmicro and QX1 (full rigs).. what do you see? thnx

eta: obviously neither does 4k (w/ in-camera recording) in their current iteration, mostly just thinking forward to near-future with this (hopefully)

right on.... I see 3dr lists SOLO max payload as 420g...wondering how accurate that is ?

I see the QX1+lens+battery = ~320g +whatever weight of 3dr beefier gimbal is
I see BMmicro+lens+batt = ~380g +gimbal

Reactions: pyrate
I wonder if max payload = max solo can lift
or
max solo can lift and stay in the air for x time.

Unknown variables?

I've seen a solo lifting a P3, which is well over 1kg. Now how long it could do it for, I'm not sure, but we need to know the full equation including minutes lasting at x weight. It would be kind of pointless if it could lift heavier things, but only stay in the air for 2 minutes due to faster battery drainage.

Reactions: jibcamera
right on.... I see 3dr lists SOLO max payload as 420g...wondering how accurate that is ?

I see the QX1+lens+battery = ~320g +whatever weight of 3dr beefier gimbal is
I see BMmicro+lens+batt = ~380g +gimbal

That is a heck of a lot closer than I though tit would be.

effective payload is 700g~. i don't know what adding 700g would to for the flight time. for comparison, the gopro+gimbal is about 390g~.

effective payload is 700g~. i don't know what adding 700g would to for the flight time. for comparison, the gopro+gimbal is about 390g~.
^^that would be an interesting experiment...I just saw the new Fiilex light weighs 270g without battery, and it is being shown mounted alongside the GP and gimbal,,thats prbly 700g right there...

why not 3dr not comeup with sony action cam 4k very simple solution, its very light the only to redesign the bracket on gimbal or something.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado