Optical flow or other PNP accessory release dates?

Reaction score
I know a few guys here seem to get info pretty early on. Has anyone heard a release date for the optical flow sensor or any other plug and play accessories beside the lights that are coming soon?

Could have really used this a few weeks back inside the convention center and a brief search didn't come up with any new info beside the made for solo ad saying they are coming.

Thanks ahead of time and fly safe.

Reactions: erikgraham
I know a few guys here seem to get info pretty early on. Has anyone heard a release date for the optical flow sensor or any other plug and play accessories beside the lights that are coming soon?

Could have really used this a few weeks back inside the convention center and a brief search didn't come up with any new info beside the made for solo ad saying they are coming.

Thanks ahead of time and fly safe.

Last Fall I was told 3DR had one person working on a OF module. NAB is mid April so I suspect all their add on modules for Solo will be brought out. But I sure feel your pain like many. Kind of surprised they lagged on this one.

Reactions: Adimuzio513
Last Fall I was told 3DR had one person working on a OF module. NAB is mid April so I suspect all their add on modules for Solo will be brought out. But I sure feel your pain like many. Kind of surprised they lagged on this one.
Probably right nab would make sense, I just hope they release and not just reveal things there. I know they didn't work great, but they had sensors on the demo units at nab last year so you'd think they were almost ready then. Guess wel see soon enough, I know they discourage indoor flight, I hope this isn't why we've not seen them yet. In that case they may never provide them and wel be on our own to figure it out I guess.

I shouldn't think you should be concerned, just have some patience.

PX4FLOW KIT - 3DR

Yes that PX4 has been on their site since last summer.

There are some really good blog posts on research being done with a number of different competing OF technologies. The one thing they all have in common is a rather complex sensor calibration process.

Having worked with DJI's approach it fails in a lot of situations. Some of these new ideas have much promise. My hope is that 3DR will push for the next level and not settle for something expedient.

Reactions: Adimuzio513

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks