Proficnc

yep
on preorder see signature, that is the only reason I'm not doing the 1.5.2 flash. I'm holding out for master
I'm also flying a PH2.1 in a DIY on 3.4 ardu with an Edison on board

Just so I and everyone else is clear, for this work properly in the Solo, Arducopter master needs to be updated for solo compatibility. And until 3DR releases the code for the gimbal, that will be a problem too. I think.

yep
on preorder see signature, that is the only reason I'm not doing the 1.5.2 flash. I'm holding out for master
I'm also flying a PH2.1 in a DIY on 3.4 ardu with an Edison on board
Pyrate, there is no reason not to upgrade. In 5 minutes you can have any of the previous FWs you want on there if needed. Though when you upgrade, it shouldn't matter what was on there before.

absolutely the 1.5.2 is great
but I have a primary flyer and a test flyer.
Not to mention the DIY which is taking most of my time. I have been able to fly solo once in the past three months.

So my test flyer is what I will load master on.
Im honestly not having any issues with my main flyer. Never had the flipping on land or refusing to power off.
So im just following you guys and using the if it aint broke approach on my main bird.
If I had more play time I would load 1.5.2 on my test solo for sure

Just so I and everyone else is clear, for this work properly in the Solo, Arducopter master needs to be updated for solo compatibility. And until 3DR releases the code for the gimbal, that will be a problem too. I think.
there has been some indications that 3DR might release the code, but there is also a contengency plan in place if they dont. Dont know where they are in the process right now, but I have seen PH2s running long range rx900 radios and RTK GPS not to mention one guy who has Zed Cameras and realsense running on companion computers
It could be we never get the 3dr gimbal code. At that point frame agnostic gimbals will replace the solo gimbal, (arguably both the strongest and weakest part of Solo)

As a side note, ROS is starting to emerge as the aire to dronekit
Since 3DR and PX4 shut ardupilot out dronekit is stagnating and ROS is now being looked at as a way to jump start the effort around the not so open source 3dr stuff

Check out FlytOS built on ROS.
this is a neat video
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Pyrate, there is no reason not to upgrade. In 5 minutes you can have any of the previous FWs you want on there if needed. Though when you upgrade, it shouldn't matter what was on there before.
That is a very irresponsible post. Replacing the Solo stock firmware is beyond the experience of causal DIY APM users, let alone of average Solo new users. With the new batch of new Solo users due to BB deals, a post for new firmware change will only cause more crashes and fly away.

That is a very irresponsible post. Replacing the Solo stock firmware is beyond the experience of causal DIY APM users, let alone of average Solo new users. With the new batch of new Solo users due to BB deals, a post for new firmware change will only cause more crashes and fly away.
Pretty funny.. You realize you quoted a post TO Pyrate! Hardly a casual user having already built a bird with the 2.1. And it's certainly a lot less difficult than most any other mod. Though as an official release it should be seriously considered. Like FW releases before it, it actually Fixes Issues that can cause problems for those new BB users.

Pretty funny.. You realize you quoted a post TO Pyrate! Hardly a casual user having already built a bird with the 2.1. And it's certainly a lot less difficult than most any other mod. Though as an official release it should be seriously considered. Like FW releases before it, it actually Fixes Issues that can cause problems for those new BB users.
If I don't know him better, I would say the poster is a dji agent planting a bomb to destroy Solo.
I know who he is and was surprised that he made such statement.please check out the FB posts regarding this FW
需要安全验证

I believe Proficnc said in the FB that this fw can destroy the esc.

I don't even know what to say. A DJI plant, sneaking a self destruct code into the solo. Seriously? Read about it, you might learn something.

I did read that. And if you go back and look now, you will see Phillip deleted that comment. He thought the post was about AC master, which it is not. He said this was fine. Next.

Reactions: Jubalr
I just got apSync working on my Edison coupled to PH2,1
its pretty cool linking up to that big x8 over UDP in MP
sure hope Jordi gets his own version of sololink produced
its interesting to watch the lines blur between a ready to fly like solo with big DIY builds

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks