Solo CLI syntax help - Connection via Terminal

Reaction score
I am attempting to connect to Solo via a terminal shell ... I am certain I have the required software installed as I am getting the appropriate response to "solo" at the command prompt

If I understand correctly - to connect solo wifi the command = solo wifi --name=<n> [--password=<p>]

Where n=name of solo link wifi and p=password

I am typing: "solo wifi --name=<sololink_123a1b> [--password=<mypassword>]"

Response from terminal: "-bash: sololink_123a1b: No such file or directory"

Looks like I am missing a step here ... Do I need to be connected to solo before entering commands?

I read that CLI allows the user to maintain a connection with wifi internet and simultaneously establish a connection with Solo wifi ... is my understanding correction?

So... here is what I am getting ... I've tried connecting directly to Solo's wifi AND remaining connected to my home wifi and then attempted to connect to Solo via terminal

Connected to wifi and enter wifi command -- Terminal display reads:

Last login: Mon Apr 11 10:56:51 on ttys000

Sals-Air:~ sal$ Sals-MacBook-Air:~ sal$ solo wifi --name="sololink_123a1b" --password=“mypassword”

-bash: Sals-MacBook-Air:~: command not found

Sals-Air:~ sal$ connecting to the Controller...

When I connect manually via my network connections and enter the "Solo Info" command I received a message and an endless flashing cursor --

Last login: Mon Apr 11 11:10:55 on ttys000

Sals-MacBook-Air:~ sal$ solo info

connecting to Solo and the Controller... o_O

That command is to connect your Solo to your existing wifi network so that you can grab stuff from the Internet.

Here's how to use the command.

1. Ensure you've already SSHed into each the controller and the Solo at least once to generate and accept a key. This is mandatory otherwise your solo cli will just hang without any errors or warnings. Now, all the commands below will be done from another device such as your laptop while connected to the Solo network.
  2. Enter the following on your computer: solo wifi --name="Your Home Wifi" --pass="Your Super Secret password"
  3. Your solo will reboot and then configure a secondary network that will be connected to your wifi network. At this point, reconnect to the Sololink wifi and ssh into the solo. You should now have full network access from your solo (for example, downloading packages using smart)
Hope it helps!

I am getting the same issue

i attached a screenshot of what happens if i do a keyboard interrupt early

View media item 419
If I do nothing it just hangs forever and if i wait for a while and then CTRL C
keyboard interrupt
I just get the last 2 lines line 614 in wait
line 359 in wait

I hope that made things clear enough ...lol

any help I would appreciate

thanks

Members online