Solo V1.2 release

Nug,

Yes, scrolling your finger up and down in the Tower video preview window does control the camera angle. Personally, I'm not sure I like it. First, it's somewhat difficult especially if you want to leave the small preview window. I like to flip between the Solo app full view and Tower map/waypoint view. I'd just assume be able to use the toggle rather than the screen. Not sure why both can't work.

Jerry

Ran a couple of short course Tower mission. Attempting to reduce the rate of speed from "get out of town" to something more my speed...slow.

I set the first WP to change speed to the minimum 2.0, needless to say that didn't work. IIRC, somebody mentioned adjust the Solo's rate in its app from Fast to medium to slow things down...Is that the only way to slow a Tower mission down?

Ran a couple of short course Tower mission. Attempting to reduce the rate of speed from "get out of town" to something more my speed...slow.

I set the first WP to change speed to the minimum 2.0, needless to say that didn't work. IIRC, somebody mentioned adjust the Solo's rate in its app from Fast to medium to slow things down...Is that the only way to slow a Tower mission down?

Rich,

You probably already know this but you can change the speed by putting a waypoint where you want the speed to be adjusted and then just change the waypoint from "waypoint" to "change speed". That works well for me. I find about 15 to be enjoyable for decent runs.

Jerry

EDIT: Ooops, reread suggests that's what you did! Not sure why it didn't work for you.

From recollection, I don't think the first waypoint in Tower can be a change speed waypoint. Try doing it second.

From recollection, I don't think the first waypoint in Tower can be a change speed waypoint. Try doing it second.
You should be able to set the speed where you want with the WP Nav Speed Parameter..:

Waypoint Horizontal Speed Target (WPNAV_SPEED)
Defines the speed in cm/s which the aircraft will attempt to maintain horizontally during a WP mission

• Range: 0 2000
  • Increment: 50
  • Units: cm/s

Reactions: RichWest
You should be able to set the speed where you want with the WP Nav Speed Parameter..:

Waypoint Horizontal Speed Target (WPNAV_SPEED)
Defines the speed in cm/s which the aircraft will attempt to maintain horizontally during a WP mission

• Range: 0 2000
  • Increment: 50
  • Units: cm/s
I believe that is also the parameter that is modified with the speed setting (turtle to rabbit) in Solo app.

Reactions: RichWest
I believe that is also the parameter that is modified with the speed setting (turtle to rabbit) in Solo app.
Yes, but I was trying to help him set the desired speed directly at what he wanted rather than use the WP method after the first WP.

Yes, but I was trying to help him set the desired speed directly at what he wanted rather than use the WP method after the first WP.
I'd prefer the adjustment at the mission level rather than a parameter change, at least at this time.

I do get what you're saying and it makes sense to adjust WPNAV_SPEED, since it is a WP only operator rather than overall system setting. Thanks for suggesting this as a solution, I will implement once I'm more comfortable with the overall system's nuances. One thing at a time....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig