tablet choice

Reaction score
I'm still undecided. I figure you guys know best. It seems the Nexus 9 or Galaxy Tab S2 are both good choices. Any suggestions. I don't mind spending the money but I don't want to have buyer's remorse so I thought I would look here. thanks.

One thing to be aware of is the maximum width of the tablet holder. I went with a tab 4 and it fits loosely in the holder, but with the sunshade it makes it a little tighter. I feel like my tab 4 is the perfect size although there is no balance, it's top heavy but there is nothing you can do for that. I guess I'm saying if you go bigger, it will be more bulky.

The video stream is maxed out at 720p which is another reason I went with the Tab 4 since that is the max res for it and I will use my PC for viewing recorded video.

Where did you get it? What do you use for a sun shade?

Yes. I also have a Nexus 7. (I have two Solos) Nexus 7 fit perfectly. The Nexus 9 required me to take apart the clamp and redrill the two screw holes further down. Sounds like more work than it is though... It took about 10 mins. The 9 is bigger but heavier. In the end, I like both equally and the 7 was cheaper...

I bought an ASUS ZenPad the other day. Best buy $199 price match deal. Great tablet. Faster than the tab S.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

Reactions: CroquettRocket
Curtis I don't know. I gave up on solo and using it with p3.

I bought an ASUS ZenPad the other day. Best buy $199 price match deal. Great tablet. Faster than the tab S.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk
Which model? I just got the Zenpad C7, but from looking around online it seems the S8 is a more popular model. I'm a little nervous to try it out. Had it worked well for you?

Is anyone using their iPhone? Specifically a 6+?
Yep, I've used my 6+. Usually, though, I'm using an iPad mini.
However, I'm pretty sure I'm going to grab an Android tablet so I can use Tower.
The iPhone works great, btw.

Which model? I just got the Zenpad C7, but from looking around online it seems the S8 is a more popular model. I'm a little nervous to try it out. Had it worked well for you?
Not sure. Mine shows P01M as model.

You dont really have to go all out for tablets just to run solo app or tower.... Walmart has nextbook Ares 8 for $79 Intel powered android 5.0 that runs these two apps effortlessly

You dont really have to go all out for tablets just to run solo app or tower.... Walmart has nextbook Ares 8 for $79 Intel powered android 5.0 that runs these two apps effortlessly
Really? A question then:
Could I use a cheapie Android tablet to tell my Solo what to do using Tower, then use an iPad to run things?
Curious minds wanna know!

I'll chine in with a NVidia Shield. Fits well in the holder, bright screen, smooth video due to powerful GPU.

The $79 Ares from Walmart will run the Solo app and tower, but I wouldn't describe way it runs the apps as effortlessly.

I have one and it is adequate. But now I have a Galaxy Tab S2, and the S2 is effortless compared to the Ares from Walmart.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M