Tlogs, Tlogs Everywhere!

Reaction score
If this has been discussed before, let me know. Because it was news to me!
So, I remember early on how we were telling people how to retrieve the Solo logs by emailing them to themselves and that Solo would email the last 3. Well, I was retrieving some logs from Tower for a mapping flight I had just done. So I hook up my Nexus to the computer to get the log. But while in there, I see a directory called "com.o3dr.solo.android". The full path on my Nexus 7 is: \Nexus 7\Internal storage\Android\data\org.droidplanner.services.android\files\tlogs\com.o3dr.solo.android
So I open it up and there is every single log from Day 1 ! Nice to know where you can go to get these. And the extender does not need renamed either, so you can just double click on one to open MP.

Nsc4F7

Cool, I have found them in several locations but not that group. Does the first one show up in Tijuana ?

Cool, I have found them in several locations but not that group. Does the first one show up in Tijuana ?
Actually, I looked! But since the files are on my tablet, it's just files flown with that device. That would be pretty cool if it was! Though it would probably been in China.
But these are easy to get to and no networking/logging in needed.

Thats right. Wasnt thinking. When I grabbed logs off the Solo my first was Tijuana. I assume that it came with the image flashed over to the actual Pixhawk.

But since this is on the device it is the first flight ever flown on that device.

That is so cool!!! Thank you!! I was just reviewing a TOWER flt out of my yard over a dense home area with saturated wifi and something quirky happened during the flt. Told Rich about it. Just watched it in MP. A whole new world!! Thanks again!!

That is so cool!!! Thank you!! I was just reviewing a TOWER flt out of my yard over a dense home area with saturated wifi and something quirky happened during the flt. Told Rich about it. Just watched it in MP. A whole new world!! Thanks again!!
Sure thing David. I was surprised to see them there. I used to be always emailing the log to me when I wanted one from the field, as I was sure it would be superseded by a later flight and it wouldn't be easy to find. Now I know where to go to get them. Aslo, look at the directory the says 'Droidplanner' for all logs flown with Tower. That is where I get the logs for mapping missions.

David just so you know you can turn on and view a lot of things and watch them. Stuff like # of sats. stick positions, noise, etc etc etc.

It's not a very good interface but once you figure it out (I have not) it is quite cool.

Last edited:
This is what I really like about this forum. It's better than a Help Desk, you guys are always available , it's never closed, and a wealth of knowledge and experience. Thanks again.

Reactions: prowler9
Now if we could only put this in the manual for others to read...something like a pilots side manual lol this would help a lot of people ...yes I know search button ....not everyone knows tec terms .. just a little idea

Just was messing around with it earlier this morning and could only get one log. Had the Solo sitting outside so I could connect....under a tree at that with 8 sats and ready to fly.....guess I could of gone out in my unddeis and flown..:eek:
Have to check out the ole android...cool

So, I remember early on how we were telling people how to retrieve the Solo logs by emailing them to themselves and that Solo would email the last 3. Well, I was retrieving some logs from Tower for a mapping flight I had just done. So I hook up my Nexus to the computer to get the log. But while in there, I see a directory called "com.o3dr.solo.android". The full path on my Nexus 7 is: \Nexus 7\Internal storage\Android\data\org.droidplanner.services.android\files\tlogs\com.o3dr.solo.android
So I open it up and there is every single log from Day 1 ! Nice to know where you can go to get these. And the extender does not need renamed either, so you can just double click on one to open MP.

Nsc4F7
Thanks for that.....now I'm going places.

Sure Ray, you should have the flights that were used with that tablet.

Nsc4F7

Thanks for this... !

On my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro the path was:

... \TabPro\Tablet\Android\data\org.droidplanner.services.android\files\tlogs\com.o3dr.solo.android

Was finally able to open a .tlog in MissionPlanner and see my last flight...

Thanks for this... !

On my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro the path was:

... \TabPro\Tablet\Android\data\org.droidplanner.services.android\files\tlogs\com.o3dr.solo.android

Was finally able to open a .tlog in MissionPlanner and see my last flight...
Glad you were able to find them Steve. It's nice to know you can go back in time some to compare logs.

Fly Safe..
Jubal

They show up in tower as well

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-09-03-12-59-22.png
    Screenshot_2015-09-03-12-59-22.png
    540.4 KB · Views: 32
Couldn't find them in Tower, but then I didn't connect through Tower - I just copied the log files into the directory that Tower identified in the settings. Even restarting the app didn't make them appear, it must make an entry somewhere else when you connect...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig