Video - Software mod to increase radio range - hostapd.conf

Solo Tweaker help. Won't connect to Solo wifi. What do I need to do? I see Solo_link in my wifi connections, I connect ... then what? The app never looks like Status: connect to Solo wifi.

can folks who have done todays update post results and say if you are reapplying the mod?
My Solo has the same values in the hostapd after the firmware update so it doesn't need changing. I'm trying to find out if 3DR made the changes official or if the file simply wasn't overwritten this time.

New update today which I have not done, but I'm quite sure I'm still on 6 / 11.

My Solo has the same values in the hostapd after the firmware update so it doesn't need changing. I'm trying to find out if 3DR made the changes official or if the file simply wasn't overwritten this time.

I had suspected that my file hadn't changed even on the last update as my channel settings that I had made prior were intact and my backup files were still present but I didn't dig in too much. Will be good to hear what you find out.

after an initial flight and not so good results after the update and modified file, I rebooted the controller and solo and it went right back to the gains I had before, did almost 2000 feet and still had two bars in a wifi congested neighbor hood. My neighbor has a DJI p2+ and had to come look. He purchased his three weeks before the p3 came out. he is thinking about upgrading and now he has a new option

Reactions: Raybro
Solo Tweaker help. Won't connect to Solo wifi. What do I need to do? I see Solo_link in my wifi connections, I connect ... then what? The app never looks like Status: connect to Solo wifi.
Whatever you are running Solo Tweaker on has to be connected to Solo_link.

Good to know. Haven't flown since the update so not sure of anything right now.

Sooo...A couple of issues, questions.

I made changes as originally instructed and the wifi channel is changing as advertised. I've tried a few channels (by cycling the Solo off), but so far the channels selected have pretty much sucked, and start to drop off dramatically (to one bar) at 100 ft or so. When I finally find a channel that is solid, I would like to force Solo to use that channel every time I fly at the current location (which is currently Russia). Speaking of which, do I need to change the country code previously mentioned in your update? They use Channel 9 for WiFi (routers, etc) here.

Does Solo Tweaker run on Mac OS X? If not, can you provide the parameters I would need to change to force Solo to use a specific Channel? Country Code? I can send Tlogs if it helps. I would download Windows to run in Parallels but it's just to big to download where I'm at.

Thanks for the Solo Tweaker and for being so supportive with the community. If this request is to much of a hassle, no worries. Will be downloading Tweaker when i get back to the States.

Best,

Alex

Last edited:
Reactions: BladeImages
has anyone taken the mod off to see if the new update corrects the original problem so this would not be required now? I have read some say this mod is causing problems with gimbal video feed, Just wondering if that has been confirmed

Tried using Solo Tweak. It loaded the mods successfully but was having video issues so used the "restore". That didn't work and had to reset both the controller and solo to get back to original operation.

Ian, was unable to connect to the controller wifi after I did the restore using Solo Tweaker. I checked the settings using ftp after I first used the Tweaker and after I reset. Each time it showed either the modified settings or back to orig.

has anyone taken the mod off to see if the new update corrects the original problem so this would not be required now? I have read some say this mod is causing problems with gimbal video feed, Just wondering if that has been confirmed
I have a gimbal and there's no issue with the feed from the mod. I suspect the mod means there will be times when Wi-Fi interference from neighbouring channels on nearby Wi-Fi sources could be a problem to the quality of the video stream, but a power cycle can often sort that and you can check to see what devices are on various channels with this Android app:

Wifi Analyzer - Android Apps on Google Play

Please let us know, if the unmoded file is working well without the tweak, I would like to revert back. unconfirmed reports are the modded file is interupting with video stream after gimbal

Sooo...A couple of issues, questions.

I made changes as originally instructed and the wifi channel is changing as advertised. I've tried a few channels (by cycling the Solo off), but so far the channels selected have pretty much sucked, and start to drop off dramatically (to one bar) at 100 ft or so. When I finally find a channel that is solid, I would like to force Solo to use that channel every time I fly at the current location (which is currently Russia). Speaking of which, do I need to change the country code previously mentioned in your update? They use Channel 9 for WiFi (routers, etc) here.

Does Solo Tweaker run on Mac OS X? If not, can you provide the parameters I would need to change to force Solo to use a specific Channel? Country Code? I can send Tlogs if it helps. I would download Windows to run in Parallels but it's just to big to download where I'm at.

Thanks for the Solo Tweaker and for being so supportive with the community. If this request is to much of a hassle, no worries. Will be downloading Tweaker when i get back to the States.

Best,

Alex
Do you use wifi analyzer to see what your sololink wifi is doing compared to other networks? Mine always rocks he lest congested channel

lan, Am i correct in my assumption?
Only purpose of this mod, is to find the least congested channels to use.
If correct, then video feed from gimbaled Solo's should not directly interfere.

Please let us know, if the unmoded file is working well without the tweak, I would like to revert back. unconfirmed reports are the modded file is interupting with video stream after gimbal
I have a CONFIRMED report it works fine with the gimbal, I've been flying with the changes on the latest firmware with the gimbal. Some of 3DR's staff fly on the same settings, what I know for sure is if I revert them back I'll get less range in my local areas.

It makes no difference to the radio if a gimbal or fixed mount is being used. I don't usually have an Android tablet with me but I'm thinking of so that I can run WiFi analyzer as it's a decent app.

Reactions: BladeImages
lan, Am i correct in my assumption?
Only purpose of this mod, is to find the least congested channels to use.
If correct, then video feed from gimbaled Solo's should not directly interfere.
It changes some other network settings too. I'm sure the quality of the feed is slightly reduced to gain better range, but for me that's a sacrifice I'm happy with, I can see fine on the feed to fly and frame shots on even an iPhone 6.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44