Where do you put FPVLR in the Solo Backpack?

Reaction score
The only place I feel comfortable putting the FPVLR Solo V.2 in the backpack is between the controller and the drone. Please post pictures of how you pack your backpack.

I have: Solo w/Gimbal and GP H4S
5 Extra Batteries plus one in the Solo for a total of 6
8 Total Props
2 Apha Antennas
Solo Battery Charger and controller charger
Controller Neck Strap
Multiple sets of different length 3D printed leg extensions
3D printed iPhone 5s Sunshade
Nexus 7 Tablet (FUW Tower)

I get everything inside except the FPVLR antenna. Any help finding a safe place inside the backpack for this is appreciated.

Thanks,
Roy

I have mine sitting right underneath the netting at the top of the backpack with the connectors facing inward towards the solo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have mine sitting right underneath the netting at the top of the backpack with the connectors facing inward towards the solo

That's a good place too- I keep my props in the foam case they were packed in in the original Solo case, under the netting. Just cut the foam to match the cutout in the backpack.

That's a good place too- I keep my props in the foam case they were packed in in the original Solo case, under the netting. Just cut the foam to match the cutout in the backpack.

Thanks Maddog for the Pic!

I did that for my props as well. The picture looks like you cut slots with a utility knife for the sides of the antenna to fit down into, am IO correct? I also have a battery in all of the battery slots if you put a battery in there would the antenna also fit?

Here's where I was thinking about putting it. It wedges between the foam snugly and the plexiglass rests on the controller strap. The bottom of Solo does not hit the antenna.

I like storing the charger in the backpack but if I was hiking to an area I would remove it and put my sixth battery in the slot so I want to see all alternatives. I'm a little worried the antenna could scratch the controller but I could put something on top of the controller to protect it.

Comments? Other suggestions?image.jpeg

This is how this guy fits his FPVLR.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is how this guy fits his FPVLR.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Nikos, I don't see the you tube link. Please post again.

Thanks
Roy

Never mind I see the link in my reply now. Thanks for sending.

Thanks Maddog for the Pic!

I did that for my props as well. The picture looks like you cut slots with a utility knife for the sides of the antenna to fit down into, am IO correct? I also have a battery in all of the battery slots if you put a battery in there would the antenna also fit?
Yep- that's what I did. Also had to cut a slot for one of the antenna leads.

If you put a battery beneath it, it lifts that end up. You can close the backpack but I think it's too exposed to be safe.

Yep- that's what I did. Also had to cut a slot for one of the antenna leads.

If you put a battery beneath it, it lifts that end up. You can close the backpack but I think it's too exposed to be safe.

Thanks for the information Maddog

Reactions: Maddog

Thats where i have mine sitting as well. I wrapped them in a piece of foam pad i had laying around the house. Nice snug fit so they don't move around much when I'm out hiking.

For those who also have the amplifiers and mount: i managed to fit it all under the controller. i did have to cut out that little piece of foam that was sticking out in order for the second part of the mount to fit as well. i also used the controller straps to strap the mount with the amp's and battery from moving around:

IMG_1265.JPG

IMG_1269.JPG

IMG_1267.JPG

Last edited:
I just got the FPVLR antenna and am completely struck, the difference is like night and day (and that's not the stock antennas but the ALFA paddles - stock becomes laughable in the face of FPVLR).

I really appreciate this thread as I was chewing on the same thing - where to put it in the pack!

@DEALBIDZ - can you tell me more about your amp setup? Specific parts and performance? Please feel free to message me directly if we want to keep the thread clean.

- R

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44