FPV goggles

Well, nvidia is first and foremost a graphics display company. It wouldn't surprise me that their displays are the fastest and best quality. They know how to push pixels!!

Reactions: Solo Keith and J R
so you guys making the fatshark plunge.
Best bang for buck model?
where is the best source for buying?

For anyone with Fatshark Dominator V3 or DominatorHD V2 i have these micro hdmi to micro hdmi cables and they are confirmed to work with Solo.

***updated***
HDMI Right Angle Micro HDMI to Mini HDMI - 877.522.3779 - USBFireWire.com
I ended up buying the HEADPLAY. I got them yesterday & today my HDMI mini adapter (6") will arrive. I can see how the HEADPLAY's operate w/SOLO & the Nvidia Shield's HDMI. I tested the HEADPLAY w/my Hubsan H107's which runs 5.8 ghz. The feed was pretty amazing. So far I like em. Peace

i like fatshark dominator hd v2 because of the FOV. the fov is larger than the dom v3, but the aspect ratio is 4:3. the dom v3 is 16:9.

i also like the fatshark styling, fit, adjustments and fpv features such as the dvr. on negative about the dvr is it will only record analog inputs...it won't record hdmi :mad: if you don't have perfect vision then the ipd adjustments and add-on diopters can correct for certain impairments. you can't wear glasses underneath these though. and if you fly other aircraft with a video transmitter you can take advantage of the video receiver slot and head tracking. its is definitely not the cheapest of the bunch.

i tried the cinemizer oled, but i didn't like the fov and because it wasn't sealed light leaked in from everywhere making it horrible for outdoor use. so much that someone made a ski goggle mod for it.

i have not tried the headplay, but it is cheaper. i don't think i can get past the look of it though.

OK leave it to a renegade pirate type to have to ask what is most likely a completely idiotic question, but I am going for it.
I dont plan to fly FPV all the time, but it seems like in free look these might be handy.

Now I have seen the Fatsharks and they are nice with a nice price tag. I am halfway to my coveted GH4 buying these things.
But what I cant get past is, these all have built in FPV reception. That has to add cost. I am not looking for direct to FPV. I just need something to display the 720 already being streamed to the controller.

Since I already have the wifi stream handled why cant I use just a HDMI goggle, no FPV
Like these

http://www.amazon.com/Gender-ACCUPi..._cp_504_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1GF4WHCN65GJZ8VWEKMW

OK leave it to a renegade pirate type to have to ask what is most likely a completely idiotic question, but I am going for it.
I dont plan to fly FPV all the time, but it seems like in free look these might be handy.

Now I have seen the Fatsharks and they are nice with a nice price tag. I am halfway to my coveted GH4 buying these things.
But what I cant get past is, these all have built in FPV reception. That has to add cost. I am not looking for direct to FPV. I just need something to display the 720 already being streamed to the controller.

Since I already have the wifi stream handled why cant I use just a HDMI goggle, no FPV
Like these

http://www.amazon.com/Gender-ACCUPi..._cp_504_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1GF4WHCN65GJZ8VWEKMW

those should work. but until you try it you won't know what the video quality is or if the hdmi is picky (like the dom v2 and domhdv1). my only gripe would be having to carry the control box. but for the price it looks like a good option.

Has anyone tried the Avegant Glyph as featured on 3DR's Made For Solo? According to Avegant's page:

"Available to ship in US only or in China through our partners at Lian Luo.

Estimated Ship Date:
8-10 weeks"

I got a cable from USBFirewire.com referenced above. When I plugged in the Dominator V3 and switched to HDMI 2D, it showed "please wait booting..." in upper right of goggle display. Waited a while, no video even though my tablet was showing the live feed. I hit record button and then the video showed in the goggles. Has anyone else used the Fatshark Dominator V3 and gotten video without having to turn on Gopro recording??

UPDATE: I finally got video through the goggles. The Fatshark goggles must be plugged in and powered up PRIOR to turning on the Solo controller. A 3DR logo and progress bar appears in the goggles. Once Solo is booted and connects to controller, the image appears in the goggles.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150