Issue with MPCC

I ran 11-point MPCC today at the max altitude (120m), total distance was +/-2km, everything worked just fine. I kept constant altitude for the entire MPCC. I was out of batteries to run different tests.

Tomorrow I'll try similar thing but changing altitude above and below 50m, that's where it seems to give those problems.

IMG_0888.jpg

I'm having an issue with MPCC, it's stops execution of the smart shot long before it reaches the end point.
I've upgraded the Solo app to 2.1, never had this issue in version 2.0, hoping this is just a coincident but can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I've set up 8-point MPCC and decided to run in timelapse mode (3m55s), total distance from start to end was about 300 ft (the actual start and end point were apart only about 200ft, but I was flying up-down), the smart shot stopped executing after about a minute somewhere between points 3 & 4 (out of 8).
I tried to run it 3x and it failed at the same spot every time, returned home, replaced battery, restarted everything and tried again - same outcome every time.
I also tried running in standard mode (non-timlapse) where the application allowed me to run a maximum of 1m50s, but the execution stopped again in same spot after about 30 secs.
When trying to move along the cable using the right stick, it would not go past this point either.

I created new MPCC smart shot, similar to the failing one, but experienced identical problem.

Has anyone tried MPCC after 2.1 upgrade, working fine for you ?

Signal OK, Video Feed OK, GPS no problem, completely open area.

On the image below the green dot is where the execution ended (as if that was my final point B).

View attachment 2637
I tried yesterday an 8 point and it stopped at point 4, the app said RTH but it just stayed hovering and I couldn't close the cable cam screen. I landed manually and checked this site and found that 3DR says they are aware of the issue.

I ran several MPCCs over the last 2 days and all executed perfect. even a repeat of the 8-point MPCC with altitude changes above and below 50m, that's where others also reported freeze somewhere between points 3 and 4, that one went fine as well. So really it's just a random thingy and I think the incidence is very low.

I ran several MPCCs over the last 2 days and all executed perfect. even a repeat of the 8-point MPCC with altitude changes above and below 50m, that's where others also reported freeze somewhere between points 3 and 4, that one went fine as well. So really it's just a random thingy and I think the incidence is very low.
My new theory is that it happens when the user places two or more waypoints too close to each other. It's not something that shows up on the map view of the cable in your saved history, so you might have placed points too close to each other and not ever noticed it. Thus is seems random.

I had a similar issue you can read about here: Cable Cam Bug

In short, the issue starts similarly however, after the solo stops mid cable, it flash's red and begins what looks like a return home sequence. It stops a after a couple of seconds and returns to fly mode. The apps layout is frozen in the cable cam mode though. It looks on the screen like the solo is still on its cable at some point and is paused. None of the in app buttons will respond but the video feed is live. Requires a landing and reboot of solo to fix the issue.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig