Joystick Mapping

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a way to remap the joystick controls? I have been playing first-person shooter games for a long time and like forward and backward on the left joystick and up and down on the right joystick. I just got my Solo today and haven't flown it yet, but I feel that I may instinctively use the controller in the way that I'm used to in a sticky situation and don't want that to happen. I don't want to screw up my first-person shooter performance either... heh

Does anyone know if there is a way to remap the joystick controls? I have been playing first-person shooter games for a long time and like forward and backward on the left joystick and up and down on the right joystick. I just got my Solo today and haven't flown it yet, but I feel that I may instinctively use the controller in the way that I'm used to in a sticky situation and don't want that to happen. I don't want to screw up my first-person shooter performance either... heh
Chek in the settings in the Android app. I believe that was added in the latest update.

Yes. You can change it in Solo App between different "modes". Not granular changes but it sounds like it will do jutstvwhat you want in your case.

Thanks! I will check that out and let you know if it works. We've crazy storms here in St. Petersburg, Florida, so may be a couple days before I get a chance to test it out.

Is it only available in the Android app? I was looking for this the other day and couldn't find it on my iPhone.

Is it only available in the Android app? I was looking for this the other day and couldn't find it on my iPhone.
I think it is both, since it is just a parameter of the Solo.... But not positive as I only use Android.
It is under Settings/Solo/Controller Style and you need to be connected to get at it..

Darn, first the tower now this. Thanks for checking it out earl!

Good idea... Let us know if setting it with an Android works!
I can see them as parameters in Tower also. so odds are it will stick once set. You could also use Mission Planner (on a PC) to get at the same attributes, but I am not sure how they would be set to do what you want. It looks like you can set it just about any way you choose if you know how, I think the "app" just changes several params together.

Dont give up. It is still in there.

if you can borrow an Android, you could do it. Once done, if you have a PC with Wifi, get Mission Planner. and you can do it anytime later...

If you wanted to understtand, and to change it later... Once done with android app, you can compare the actual vairable settings (in Mission Planner) with the "standard" setup, and then you would know what params they are, and what to change them to. You can then set them with Mission Planner any time...

Reactions: No Soul To Sell
Dont give up. It is still in there.

if you can borrow an Android, you could do it. Once done, if you have a PC with Wifi, get Mission Planner. and you can do it anytime later...

If you wanted to understtand, and to change it later... Once done with android app, you can compare the actual vairable settings (in Mission Planner) with the "standard" setup, and then you would know what params they are, and what to change them to. You can then set them with Mission Planner any time...
On my android there is a setting to change it from mode 1 to mode 2 (throttle on right stick, EU version)

Reactions: No Soul To Sell
I play video games and fly the solo (and other RC stuff with the same control scheme). It is not hard to switch between them. The controllers feel very different and your muscle memory knows this.

Try it the US normal way first is my suggestion, I doubt you will have a problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso