Solo Return to Home (RTH) height.

Well if it stops raining I will verify if it kicks in :)

I have heard the same about 3DR changing this. They have scheduled some store of interview with me next Wednesday to talk about the Solo and during this email conversation the fact they were changing the RTH did in fact come up.
Rich,
Are you talking with 3DR next week? Feedback? That's good on them. They want to see this succeed. Was on the DJI forum this morning and had to put a fellow in his place.....basically saying the Solo is a failure with massive amounts of issues....think I'll stay away from there for a while.

Rich,
Are you talking with 3DR next week? .

Yes, not sure what its all about. Going to be a video conference with 3 people including Product Group Coordinator and the Chief Product Officer.

Yes, not sure what its all about. Going to be a video conference with 3 people including Product Group Coordinator and the Chief Product Officer.
I was contacted too. They want to know about my experiences so far. I asked if I could wait a week or so because my controller was returned RMA and I hoped to have more flight time.

@rrmccabe - Keep them honest Rich...ask for samples...for ALL of us at 3drpilots....;)

@Raybro - Man don't worry about defending or explaining 3DR or Solo, here or there. This is going to be a great platform in short order. Without a doubt we've been told more and witnessed far better service from 3DR than anyone should have expected.

Can't help someone that doesn't want help...

@rrmccabe - Keep them honest Rich...ask for samples...for ALL of us at 3drpilots....;)

@Raybro - Man don't worry about defending or explaining 3DR or Solo, here or there. This is going to be a great platform in short order. Without a doubt we've been told more and witnessed far better service from 3DR than anyone should have expected.

Can't help someone that doesn't want help...
Yeah, it's like I drive a ford and you drive a Chevy. I have a P2 and now I have a Solo and I like them both. The difference here is I like 3DR, I don't like DJI. It is what it is.
Just got an email from a buddy on the DJI forum. He says the Solo haters are out tonight. Think I'll stay here. :D

One more thing that is important to add. I have not totally checked this out.

But be advised that when it does a RTH it does not come back and hover. It tries to complete the auto land process.

It appears to me that it COMES down really fast. I don't know if this is because of the higher RTH point or just how it is. You can feather it out by pushing up on the left stick as it lands and slow it down or take control.
Hey Rich, the decent speed is also adjustable in the Tower app. Haven't even tried it RTH on mine yet. Will try to do today if the rain lets up.

I have not looked but I would not want to change the actual descent speed. I don't remember seeing a RTH descent speed. That is all I would want to change. Actually, my preference would be return home and hover. Do not land.

I would only like it to initiate its own landing on critical battery.

Hey I have a P3 coming tomorrow so let me say in advance you guys suck ! :confused:

LOL
I have about 10 reminds on the DJI forum.....probably all related to my reply to Droneflyer. A good buddy of mine jtjtr wanted me to go there last night to defend myself. :D

Yeah, it's like I drive a ford and you drive a Chevy. I have a P2 and now I have a Solo and I like them both. The difference here is I like 3DR, I don't like DJI. It is what it is.
Just got an email from a buddy on the DJI forum. He says the Solo haters are out tonight. Think I'll stay here. :D
i drive a v w Golf Diesel

Yea I share the same sentiment about companies. However I just took the P3 for a spin and its going to be REALLY hard not to like !

But on the other hand I just got an email (see below) 5 minutes ago from a 3DR rep. This would never happen with DJI.

Imalia (3drobotics)

Jun 27, 10:52 AM

Rich,
I hope you are having a nice weekend, let me know if there is anything I can help you with :)

Imalia G. Diego
[Technical Support Engineer]

Yea I share the same sentiment about companies. However I just took the P3 for a spin and its going to be REALLY hard not to like !

But on the other hand I just got an email (see below) 5 minutes ago from a 3DR rep. This would never happen with DJI.

Imalia (3drobotics)

Jun 27, 10:52 AM

Rich,
I hope you are having a nice weekend, let me know if there is anything I can help you with :)

Imalia G. Diego
[Technical Support Engineer]
Rick.
could you please send me tour e mail adress thx D
[email protected]

I have not looked but I would not want to change the actual descent speed. I don't remember seeing a RTH descent speed. That is all I would want to change. Actually, my preference would be return home and hover. Do not land.

Hey Rich,
Land Speed is the rate of decent during any auto land call. RTL Loit Time is the time to hover before descending. You can change that so that it just hovers for awile.. See Below..
Options (User Adjustable Parameters)
  • RTL_ALT: The minimum altitude the copter will move to before returning to launch.
    • Set to zero to return at the current altitude.
    • The return altitude can be set from 1 to 8000 centimeters.
    • The default return altitude Default is 15 meters (1500)
  • RTL_ALT_FINAL: The altitude the copter will move to at the final stage of “Returning to Launch” or after completing a Mission.
    • Set to zero to automatically land the copter.
    • The final return altitude may be adjusted from 0 to 1000 centimeters.
  • RTL_LOIT_TIME: Time in milliseconds to loiter above the “Home” position before beginning final descent.
    • The “Loiter” time may be adjusted from 0 to 60,000 milliseconds.
  • WP_YAW_BEHAVIOR: Sets how the autopilot controls the “Yaw” during Missions and RTL.
    • 0 = Never change Yaw.
    • 1 = Face Next Waypoint including facing home during RTL.
    • 2 = Face Next Waypoint except for RTL (i.e. during RTL vehicle will remain pointed at it’s last heading)
  • LAND_SPEED: The descent speed for the final stage of landing in centimeters per second.
    • The landing speed is adjustable from 20 to 200 centimeters per second.

Where did you find the definition of the parameters? Is there a manual or something?

Looks like if you set the RTL_ALT_FINAL parameter to something other than 0 it will hover at that altitude.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks