Solo Return to Home (RTH) height.

Finally tested the New RTL setting and works like a charm. Really liking the looks of the Tower App. Various waypoints, spline, region of interest, land. Gonna play with it.

Finally tested the New RTL setting and works like a charm. Really liking the looks of the Tower App. Various waypoints, spline, region of interest, land. Gonna play with it.
Absolutely.. Lot of great features.. You can fly an entire mission always pointed at the ROI from start to finish.

For those of us Apple folk who are not able to use Tower, does anyone know the location of the config files containing these parameters? I'm comfortable navigating a Linux filesystem and manually editing config files... I just don't know where to look for them as I'm new to drones.

And yes, I'm well aware of the havok I could cause by using SSH to get root access. :cool:

For those of us Apple folk who are not able to use Tower, does anyone know the location of the config files containing these parameters? I'm comfortable navigating a Linux filesystem and manually editing config files... I just don't know where to look for them as I'm new to drones.

And yes, I'm well aware of the havok I could cause by using SSH to get root access. :cool:

Honestly I am not sure you can. Tower connects with UDP and if you shell into the Solo it does not appear you can get past the Linux computer into the Pixhawk where this would this change needs to be made.

At least I have not figured it out yet.

Here was the response from 3DR on the DIYDrone site (as well as my clarification question) (Roger Sollenberger is with 3DR):
Permalink Reply by Roger Sollenberger on Monday

Thanks, DG! And of course we’ll look into your suggestions, most of which are already at least in discussion here.

But to be perfectly clear about the warranty, the key word in my above comment would be “resultant.” If, in Tower/MP, you make a change to parameters or experiment with flight techniques, etc., which change Solo’s flight behavior and result in a crash or damage, we would classify that as user error and the warranty would not cover it. We can see in the logs whether your adjustments affected flight behavior and led to the crash. For instance, if the ONLY adjustment you made in Tower was changing the RTL height, but Solo had an unrelated GPS glitch without your ever engaging RTL, then it should be quite clear in the logs that your changes had nothing to do with the crash. A case like that, where the Tower parameter changes were totally irrelevant to Solo’s flight behavior, would not be user error.

Permalink Reply by DG yesterday
Thank you very much for that clarification.

Permalink Reply by Rob J 2 seconds ago
Delete
So, if you, for example, simply changed the RTL height, and then used RTL, but then had the unrelated GPS glitch, you would deny the warranty claim? Your scenario discusses the GPS glitch WITHOUT ever engaging the RTL...but not an "unrelated" GPS glitch WITH RTL engaged. How could the GPS glitch be blamed simply on the fact you activated RTL? Sure sounds like that is what you are suggesting. I fail to see a simple change in altitude to play ANY part with the possible exception that by adding in some extra feet, if the battery simply then did not have enough "oomph" to last out those extra couple of feet. Am I reading too much into this or did your scenario simply not consider all possible things that might be in play?

Honestly I am not sure you can. Tower connects with UDP and if you shell into the Solo it does not appear you can get past the Linux computer into the Pixhawk where this would this change needs to be made.

At least I have not figured it out yet.

Thank you! Like I said, I'm new to drones and still learning how the different systems work, what they do, and how they interconnect. I found this information: https://pixhawk.org/dev/file_system which may be a place to start looking when I get home today.

Thank you! Like I said, I'm new to drones and still learning how the different systems work, what they do, and how they interconnect. I found this information: https://pixhawk.org/dev/file_system which may be a place to start looking when I get home today.
Good Find. I was thinking it may not be accessible via files but after checking that link you provided it appears that it is at /fs/mtd_params. If it is a text file that can be edited you may be in luck.

Reactions: tesmithp
I wonder what would happen if i set my altitude ceiling to 200' and set my RTH value to 225'. Would it come home at 200' or would it rise to 225' and come home, or would it be stuck in a loop trying to get to 225'.

Reactions: tesmithp
I wonder what would happen if i set my altitude ceiling to 200' and set my RTH value to 225'. Would it come home at 200' or would it rise to 225' and come home, or would it be stuck in a loop trying to get to 225'.

...and that's why we can't have nice things! :D

I find it odd that 3DR set the RTH to 49 feet rather than 50.

Thank you for this thread.. 49' was probably above my home, but when the RTH feature kicked in on my first couple flights, it was headed right towards the home. Chaged to 200 so I dont have to worry about it anymore.

Are there some good videos or tutorial on how to use the Tower ap?

Are there some good videos or tutorial on how to use the Tower ap?

Not that I have found that apply directly. Solo is not 100% compatible with Solo at this point so you will find a few bugs.

I suppose that sticking with the Solo ap makes most sense since I am somewhat new to flying. Gooing to keep practicing and start with the manual mode.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks