Question:
How you can disable Solo App overlay infos
Well might be a dumb question but
i can't figure out how to disable
the overlay infos of the Gopro in the solo app
like time / battery/ resolution/fps/wide
is it possible to disable those infos ?
Thx

Go into your GoPro settings and disable "On Screen Display".

Keep in mind, that info only shows up on the video that's automatically saved from the 3DR app to your device. It does NOT appear on the video that is saved to the SD card on the GoPro.

Reactions: ProStock
Thx a bunch Tom that did the trick !!

No problem. I had the same issue and confusion last week. It's particularly annoying because it seems like a new "feature". In the past, whenever I looked at one of the automatically saved videos on my iPhone, that info was not there. It only started appearing since the last update.

I usually just grab a quick clip or still shot from there to post to social media, which was SO easy to do. Now you have to wait, get the footage from SD card, and then post. Kind of a hassle.

UPDATE: April 1st.

Got an RMA and return shipping label from 3DR today for my gimbal and all the gimbal accessories. Shipping back to them today. I was quoted a 7-10 day turnaround once they receive it before they'll send out my new one, which is kind of a bummer. That will make 3 weeks basically without my Solo...since shipping from Florida to California takes about 5 days. I might use 2-day shipping on my own dime to get it out there faster, just because I want to flyyyyyyyy again!! :)

Overall I'm pretty happy with the process. Except for the 3 or 4 day wait to get the initial response to my support ticket, communication from then on has been within 24 hours. And they've agreed to replace the part, which is a really standup move.

Well, it's not optimal, but you can fly without the gimbal. Makes the waiting a little more bearable...

Well, it's not optimal, but you can fly without the gimbal. Makes the waiting a little more bearable...

eh....I tried. It was frustrating trying to get the right angle of the GoPro.

But on the bright side, I got an email with a tracking number that my new gimbal is on it's way back to me, and I should have it this week. Super excited, and super pleased with the way 3DR handled the situation. Kudos!

UPDATE:

After just 5 days without it, I got my new gimbal via FedEx this morning! SUPER excite and really pleased with 3DR on this one!

Start to finish the entire process took just over a week.

Now the final stamp of approval will come later today when I install the new gimbal and take a test flight. Fingers crossed that my video feed and general gimbal issues are solved once and for all! :)

Reactions: RichWest
Now the final stamp of approval will come later today when I install the new gimbal and take a test flight. Fingers crossed that my video feed and general gimbal issues are solved once and for all!
Can't see why it won't work out for you, happy flying....

Some observations from me too.
I ordered different antennas for the Solo: ALFA NETWORK 7 dBi Directional Antenna RPSMA 2.4GHz WiFi
Tested the video feed again and no problems! :cool:

It only started rolling and freezing when I was far out at around 800 meters. But happened just once and then it was fine again.
The only time I can see the feed going bad is when I accelerate really fast (having solo set to max). So I would guess it is some wiring problem since going faster = more vibration.

Reactions: 5r49cfu
yeah, after a crash my video rolls/freezes.

talking to 3DR support, they suggested I get a new HDMI cable.

it is on order, I'll let you know if that fixes it.

hopefully it is not the connectors on the circuit board!

Go into your GoPro settings and disable "On Screen Display".

Keep in mind, that info only shows up on the video that's automatically saved from the 3DR app to your device. It does NOT appear on the video that is saved to the SD card on the GoPro.

Thanks for the info, the on screen GoPro info was a pain, but the screen in now without GoPro info, much better.

Be safe and happy landing......

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44