APC propellers

Any marketing behind these? Efficiency? Sound?
Member here, @z-axis , worked with APC to have a set fit on the stock Solo motors. He'd be able to answer those questions.

The main benefit is cost per a pair versus factory, at least at this point. $6.45 pair

I have a set of similar on some 800kV T-Motors since Sunday, 10x4.5MR-ST, not enough flight time on them to say either way regarding sound. Will know more later this weekend.

I dunno if I would count that as a solid poll, not that many people even voted
someone on here did a test and found the gopro props to be very good performance wise
cant remember who it was now
Gopro props?

DOH
sent mine to Peu today, I meant Solo
Lol. I figured it was a typo but couldn't figure out if you meant graupner or something else.

Anyway, now that you mention it, I think the thread your referring to might have been started by @Jubalr ???

I ordered three sets of these puppies and they arrived today. Weather's too bad for more than a short jaunt around the rooftops, but good enuff fer guvment' work.
Very quiet! Performance seems basically par with stock props, no real pros or cons in that area (at least in my extremely limited experience).
Two things I like about these: as I said before, they're very quiet.
And easy to balance! Just like a standard airplane prop.
And the fact they're less than than half the cost of stock props means we can afford to have a couple spare sets around just in case.

I ordered three sets of these puppies and they arrived today. Weather's too bad for more than a short jaunt around the rooftops, but good enuff fer guvment' work.
Very quiet! Performance seems basically par with stock props, no real pros or cons in that area (at least in my extremely limited experience).
Two things I like about these: as I said before, they're very quiet.
And easy to balance! Just like a standard airplane prop.
And the fact they're less than than half the cost of stock props means we can afford to have a couple spare sets around just in case.
Where are you ordering from? Direct from APC wants to charge $13 for shipping?

Yeah that cheap pricing party ends as soon as you see their shipping rates
my little 24 buck order had 12 bucks shipping thrown on it

Group buy?

Edit to add: I'm not volunteering.....check with the people from Tennessee...;)

I bought 2 sets of props when I bought mine, had them overnighted for about $38...ouch

Last edited:
Reactions: pyrate
I kind of lucked out with the shipping.
When I ordered the website went a bit wonky - after I hit "place order", instead of saying transaction complete it told me my card had been turned down! So, I tried again... and again...and again...
Eight times it charged my card! Luckily was notified in time and called APC. The lady I spoke with was great - she canceled the charges, packed up my order herself, and sent it out at USPS rates, about seven bucks.

I kind of lucked out with the shipping.
When I ordered the website went a bit wonky - after I hit "place order", instead of saying transaction complete it told me my card had been turned down! So, I tried again... and again...and again...
Eight times it charged my card! Luckily was notified in time and called APC. The lady I spoke with was great - she canceled the charges, packed up my order herself, and sent it out at USPS rates, about seven bucks.

I want USPS rates too :(

Is it my imagination? Does anyone else see greater stability with these props? I've only got one of two Solo's w/me, and found them in a local hobby shop (Vortex). The blade angle, pitch, and root are significantly different. After two flights, either my batteries are all of a sudden wearing much faster, or these aren't as efficient, even though at first blush they seem smoother.
20160218_174934.jpg 20160218_174942.jpg 20160218_175005.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig