APC propellers

I'm sticking with them, yes. I prefer them. Funny thing, there is a guy on the Facebook Solo forum who is convinced they're too stiff for camera work and they vibrate too much. Perhaps his motors are giving him grief and he doesn't realize it yet?

I feel they're more responsive. You?
There might be something to the thickness issue - they are definitely a bit "jittery" at times stock props aren't.
Seems like they're sorta like "pro" props. Stock props are a bit softer, easy and smooth to maneuver, while APC props generally perform better but are less forgiving.

Here is a short 30sec clip I did today. This is straight from the GP4BK/Peau 4.35 with ND8 and ProTune on. No editing at all except for length of the clip. These are the new APC for Solo props, but on the Tiger Motors. The very first part of the clip almost looks like a still shot. I do like the props (love the motors!), but haven't decided if I like them better than the stock props.
Take a look and let me know what you think as far as vibes/jello. Wind was 8-10. Gonna fly again tomorrow when wind is supposed to be 15-20. Watch in 1080. You can see the pink corners from the lens in the blue sky shot, as the profile has not been removed yet.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: EyeWingsuit
Looks good to me.
mine performed great today in 5-10mph winds

Going to keep using them. For sure they are better balanced than stock

never said they were worse I dont think
I just popped them on the dubro and was disappointing out of the box.

And honestly with those crazy lose nuts its sort of hard to tell.
So I just flew them like they were

@RolandS888 gave me a tip, he suggested CA to glue the nuts into the props. Doesn't take much, you're just trying to hold them in place.

Again I'm using the T-Motor prop adapters, PA29/30 with the 1045MRST and upgraded motors. I just install the prop and nut to the motor as normal and catch two of the nut's facets with CA. I caught the flats adjacent to the blades, thinking it wouldn't cause a balance issue. I'd assume it would work the same with your setup as well.

@RolandS888 gave me a tip, he suggested CA to glue the nuts into the props. Doesn't take much, you're just trying to hold them in place.

Again I'm using the T-Motor prop adapters, PA29/30 with the 1045MRST and upgraded motors. I just install the prop and nut to the motor as normal and catch two of the nut's facets with CA. I caught the flats adjacent to the blades, thinking it wouldn't cause a balance issue. I'd assume it would work the same with your setup as well.
I had to press really hard on my nuts (sounds painful!) to get them to seat. So I haven't had a problem with them wanting to come out. Then I took a black marker to the 2 nuts that represent the black, counter clockwise props.

I had to press really hard on my nuts (sounds painful!) to get them to seat.
Sorry to hear that...;)

Hmmm, mine were actually semi drop in ready. It wasn't until they bottomed out that they felt press fit But then mine were not MFS specifically. Either way, having the nut semi-secured with CA does give some peace of mind. Besides, where are you going to find a metric left hand nut in the middle of BFE.

I had to press really hard on my nuts (sounds painful!) to get them to seat. So I haven't had a problem with them wanting to come out. Then I took a black marker to the 2 nuts that represent the black, counter clockwise props.

This was exactly my experience, I had to use a mallet to fully seat them. Then I used a Sharpie to mark the CC props. The nut isn't moving. Perhaps after a number of flights it'll work loose.

Hearing y'all say that it required that much effort would have me a little concerned. I'm sure they were designed to require a level of effort, but this is just composite material which is susceptible to stress fractures. The nut is acting as a wedge inside the hub, based on your efforts. I'd inspect the prop hubs from time to time to insure no issues develop there....fwiw.

I hope that I am wrong.

Reactions: J R
I took a different rout.
Just got them started on the threads and used the motor bells to press them gently in place
seemed to work
Used a sharpie on the underside of the prop to draw the little emblems on the arms for silver and black

From your pictures the APC props you have looks like 11 inch. Solo original are 10 X 4.5.
What is the print saying on the props near the center (forget about what the package is saying). I purchased 11 X 4.5 that I will use at 12 000. If you would use this at lower altitude noise will be lower because overloading the motors will drop the RPM. You may toast the motors or electronic.

Not a bad ideal to check for stress cracks RichWest.
I have a few years experience in RC gas planes, APC have a solid reputation and a leader for at least 2 decades.

Just got a notification email from tower hobbies. The rotors are now in stock and shipping for only $1.99. Much better.

So I purchased 3 sets of APC solo props. Put the first set on upsidedown and 2 ripped off upon start up. Obviously operator error. Read directions turned them with flat side toward motor and all was well. Went to install my Polar Pro prop guards and ran into a problem. The hub insertion depth must be deeper than the original as the props contact the edges. Bummer. As a rookie I have to use the prop guards to protect my Solo from inexperience.

I double checked the hub nut to insure it was inserted into its full depth and it is.

Any advise on a mod to correct?

I fly the Aeronaut CAM-Carbon Light-Prop, 10x4,5",M6 This prop is quieter and seem to be more effectiv than the original one. The controller-display showes roughly 1A less in every flightcondition than the 3DR props. The props are manufactured in various Sizes.
CAM-Carbon Light-Prop, 10x4,5", linkslaufend., m.Gewinde M6, Aeronaut # 721520 | CAM-Carbon Light | Aeronaut | Starrluftschrauben | Luftschrauben und Mitnehmer | Alles für den Elektroflug

CAM-Carbon Light-Prop, 10x4,5", rechtslaufend., m.Gewinde M6, Aeronaut # 721420 | CAM-Carbon Light | Aeronaut | Starrluftschrauben | Luftschrauben und Mitnehmer | Alles für den Elektroflug

Reactions: erikgraham

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M