Compression versus Tension - Gimbal

It's possible the video is blocked due to copyright usage of music, if that is the issue let me know and i'll strip the music.

What ended up being the source for the isolators that you purchased in December ?
My brain thinks faster than I write, sorry.... I purchased the Stock Solo isolators to perform this hole mod. At the time I was so invested, time wise, to the other solutions that I put this mod back for later. Should have been sooner....;)

So if that is your question, I purchased the Stock Solo Isolators from B&H.

I did purchase every known isolators available on the market; HK, DJI, and other OEM isolators during that week of a spending spree. I believe I have a lifetime supply of both Sorbothane and Confor foam as well...

Added drawing to the original detailing post to clarify the hole orientation: Compression versus Tension - Gimbal

View attachment 3340
Hello Rich,

Another fine DIY to be added to the Hall of Fame!
I just finished reading it all yesterday, Don't know why i missed this thread all this time?
I know your were on the right track
"Contact points where Vibration can travel"
"Less is the Best"
I don't have a real problem with Vibration, but your solution "A" is on my Do do list.
Any resolve on "B" & "C" ???

Thanks for all your time & effort

So if that is your question, I purchased the Stock Solo Isolators from B&H.

1429200382000_1138100.jpg

3DR Replacement Damper for Solo Gimbal (4-Pack)
B&H # 3DRD11A MFR # RD11A

Thanks Rich ! Awesome work.

Steven J. Ackerman

Reactions: RichWest
I don't have a real problem with Vibration, but your solution "A" is on my Do do list.
Any resolve on "B" & "C" ???
Funny, this is mod C, but oh well...;) I kind of discussed earlier in this thread about isolators and how they appear to not be a real engineered solution. Just a cheap chinese solution that everyone uses and deals with because it's cheap and available.

Anyway, yes both (A&B) solutions have a future, but maybe not for Solo. Just don't see a return for the investment needed for a Solo only solution. So I've shelved both to allow the industry to mature. Besides, the DIY solution is pretty stinken amazing for what it is....

LMAO,
Actually, I dug a little deeper & looks promising?
I'll give you some rest, But when ever i get close to a solution, I'll "Spring" it on ya.

& Stop calling my Solo a "Paper weight" for the Lexington

Gosh, I had expected someone to have tried the mod at this point. Nothing?

Here's a quick little video, again no stab....100% GP Studio, so you know it could be better with proper editing.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

OK with the X8 build out of the way lets give it a go. anything new since the original post? going to go get an order list together
I am guessing two weeks to get everything and complete? Well now that you have done all the hard work of course

Pulling my parts list together, what size was the hole punch for the foam pieces?
Cannot find the foam blocks, can you point me in the right direction

Ordered
3DR Replacement Damper for Solo Gimbal (4-Pack)
B&H # 3DRD11A MFR # RD11A

Slow Recovery Super-Cushioning Foam Selector Block, 1" x 5" x 5" 86195K1– McMaster.com

Looking for
1/4" Leather Punch or similar, ???? what size for the foam plugs?

Have
Short length of 50 lbs fishing line or similar

Last edited:
...can you point me in the right direction

I'll make you a set since you been a supporter of my crazy endeavor. PM me your address, will have it shipped by Thursday.

And before any one asks, I'm not selling any sets. I may gift them out, but no selling as this is a DIY endeavor to learn from. You either build them yourself or whine to your momma....;)

will do, looking forward to giving it a go.
My guess is between this and the new motors it is going to be as smooth as it I going to.
I put my stock cable back in

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M