Filter frenzy and frenetic heat

The Tacos have been great for me. I got the 4 pack ND4, ND8, N16, N32. The 16 saved Solo#1 when it lost power @ take off & nose dived into a wooden deck. They are of good quality and are easy to clean. You can remove the filter from its aluminum housing by just lifting the rubber "O" ring. And they're made of glass & not plastic. The filters are screwed onto an aluminum sleeve that will slide onto the GP. Also come w/a nice case.
I use them w/ my GP Silver w/3.97 Peau lens. I had a problem balancing the gimbal when I first started using. Tried all kinds of balancing tricks. What worked was the BACKBONE Ribcage. That's a brilliant little piece.

Thanks for you feedback @Solo Keith. Interesting to know that the Tacos are aluminium and the filter can be removed to be properly cleaned. They sound much better constructed than the PolarPros.

Do you also have PolarPros? Can you compare image quality?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for you feedback @Solo Keith. Interesting to know that the Tacos are aluminium and the filter can be removed to be properly cleaned. They sound much better constructed than the PolarPros.

Do you also have PolarPros? Can you compare image quality?

I don't have the Polar Pro's. I know @RichWest just purchased a few of the Polars. He could probably give you insight to their performance. Are you in the US? I've got an extra adapter for the Tacos I could let you try w/the ND32.

I don't have the Polar Pro's. I know @RichWest just purchased a few of the Polars. He could probably give you insight to their performance. Are you in the US? I've got an extra adapter for the Tacos I could let you try w/the ND32.

Nah mate I'm in Australia, thanks anyway. Don't know if @RichWest has both the Tacos and PolarPro. As I mentioned I have the PolarPro six pack but not happy with getting them clean they a PITA.

I have the polar pro 6 pack and the Taco ND4PL/ND8PL/ND16PL/ND32PL (double sided/multi-coating).

The Tacos are a much better build. The PL's twist easily to adjust the angle, where as the the polar pros you have to loosen and twist the whole thing. I can't say there is a TON of difference, but the Tacos do seem a bit better image-wise. Maybe the double sided multi coating has a bit to do with it. I think the difference really comes out with direct sun and taming flares a bit better. I should fly some repeat cables and really compare the 2, but I like the images coming off the Tacos a bit better. Out of all of them I seem to use the 16/32 the most. I'll probably use the 8 a bit more in the winter, but I think the 4 is pretty close to useless.

I haven't tried the SRPs.

I can only comment on the Polar Pro's versus SRP at this point. The color and/or clarity of the SRP are noticeably better. Did some comparison testing with both in my back yard by hand for the two sets I have, PP 6 pack and 3 Pack from SRP.

I want to try the Taco's, but trying to wrap my brain around what I have at the moment.

Reactions: SurfnSkate81
I have always used SRP for diving, but opted for PPs for solo
cant put my finger on it but I dont like them. Seem only to help in the most brightest of conditions and destroy evertything else.

Peau put their 6 pack on sale for 80 bucks going to give them a try

Reactions: SurfnSkate81
I can only comment on the Polar Pro's versus SRP at this point. The color and/or clarity of the SRP are noticeably better. Did some comparison testing with both in my back yard by hand for the two sets I have, PP 6 pack and 3 Pack from SRP.

I want to try the Taco's, but trying to wrap my brain around what I have at the moment.
Offer still stands

Reactions: RichWest
Thanks guys for your input. I also liked the look of the Peau filters and the have an ND64, but you can't remove the filter to clean them properly. He's hoping that an actual filter company comes out with a line of them. I know @EyeWingsuit has mentioned that Hoya were looking at doing a GoPro filter.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks