Prop Balancer?

Agreed, and is why I have always preferred sanding, bottom side. Goes back to when we had to finish our own nitro heli blades 30 years ago.
That's the way I do it. I start with a rough paper first and once I have it balanced, I then use a very fine paper to smooth it out. This is done on the under side of the prop. Works perfectly.

I was reading a blurb about this on the arducopter wiki site. I believe Mission Planner has something similar for motor tuning. I forget how it measures vibrations....don't think they strap a laptop to the arms...:eek: I wonder if they have anything in Android variety for doing this Earl?

common-Vibration Damping | Copter

Flamewheel330SuspMount.jpg
Not sure. Considered it for a second, but using the acelerometers in the phone, you can move it around, and my (Andoid) tablets are just to large, so I went with that There are lots of YouTube vids on motor balancing that show variations including separating the motors. The way these are built balancing them would be difficult, but I did find a bumpy motor. I just swapped it to Solo2. I now have spares so I may swap it out again and look at it.

Reactions: Raybro
i have always sanded my props when i balanced them.

start with 100 grit and go easy with it.

I use the EJH rod with these adhesive dots. No sanding
I use an electric vibrator sander with light paper (pad) and start by sanding off the mold numbers near the hub on the heavy side. If needed, I sand the tops (just because it is easier) all the way across on the trailing edge.. Works well, never had a problem.

All balancing corrections should be done on the underside with either adding or removing weight. Working closer to the tips, without distorting the airfoil, will result in least amount of correction weight needed.

The Du-bro is a great static balancer. I never considered doing a dynamic balance as the mass and RPM aren't there. - Has anyone ever put a tach on the prop or know what the max RPM is?

All balancing corrections should be done on the underside with either adding or removing weight. Working closer to the tips, without distorting the airfoil, will result in least amount of correction weight needed.

The Du-bro is a great static balancer. I never considered doing a dynamic balance as the mass and RPM aren't there. - Has anyone ever put a tach on the prop or know what the max RPM is?
I believe I read that Solo uses 800kv motors. so 800rpm per 1v. So roughly 14.5 x 800 = 11,600rpm at full throttle. Many variables like load, prop size, etc are involved but that should be close.

I believe I read that Solo uses 800kv motors. so 800rpm per 1v. So roughly 14.5 x 800 = 11,600rpm at full throttle. Many variables like load, prop size, etc are involved but that should be close.
Thanks.
I no longer have a balancer/accelerometer so I'll try to borrow one to see how many Gs my static balancing provides. This might be a few weeks/months but is an interesting point. After all we don't like the camera jittering and I received my Duro-sheet yesterday

Thanks.
I no longer have a balancer/accelerometer so I'll try to borrow one to see how many Gs my static balancing provides. This might be a few weeks/months but is an interesting point. After all we don't like the camera jittering and I received my Duro-sheet yesterday

@Burkeam Did you get it on Amazon? I went to order it earlier in the week when it was mentioned and it had already been sold out, now the prop balancers are sold out.... mention it on here and it's gone. I looked around Amazon for both Solo and Phantom suitable prop balancers and could not find any in stock. The two mentioned in this post are showing currently unavailable. I emailed caroliniadronz to see if they had one in stock and if so could they ship it out via priority today. If you want to sell a 4 x 4 piece of your Duro-sheet I'll pay you for it as well as priority shipping.

I just googled and found balancers on amazon here.
One shaft left on Amazon here. Google 6mm balancer shaft for other options

Sure - does this board allow PM? I'm in Clyde OH. Off to a customers now so I'll check back later.

I just googled and found balancers on amazon here.
One shaft left on Amazon here. Google 6mm balancer shaft for other options

Sure - does this board allow PM? I'm in Clyde OH. Off to a customers now so I'll check back later.
Thanks, just ordered the shaft to be here by tomorrow. I'll PM you my address.

@Burkeam Did you get it on Amazon? I went to order it earlier in the week when it was mentioned and it had already been sold out, now the prop balancers are sold out.... mention it on here and it's gone. I looked around Amazon for both Solo and Phantom suitable prop balancers and could not find any in stock. The two mentioned in this post are showing currently unavailable. I emailed caroliniadronz to see if they had one in stock and if so could they ship it out via priority today. If you want to sell a 4 x 4 piece of your Duro-sheet I'll pay you for it as well as priority shipping.
I also have some Duro left over and can spare a 4X4 piece, if someone needs it.

Reactions: aggravated...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44