Solex: New App just for Solo!

the good news is, with the ph2 development going full steam.
solo will outlive 3DR if you don't mind a little DIY

Well, that reply was directed to SteveReno regarding believing everything you read on the Internet - you just happened to be the person he was quoting at the time and you did sound pretty gloomy. I simply seem to take Internet scuttlebutt with a grain of salt. I'm still trying to trace a (confirmed) source of Solo production, and whether or not there still is any production. The two Solo 'runs' with Rev A and Rev B may have been Mexico - China; it's a mystery.

But even though I haven't been here at 3DRPilots too long, I've been looking at drones (Phantom. Walkera) for ~4 yrs and 3DR since before they were on the market. And I read those (several) market reports with excerpts from Anderson's interview - and still bought my first Solo... and then my 2nd and 3rd, so I don't seem too worried. Of course, my purchasing strategy here may be like that of my stock market strategy - buy high, sell low. But I ain't selling (in spite of the oft-gloomy outlook) - I'm flying and tinkering; not necessarily in that order.

Sorry Steve, my comments were not directed to you as a purveyor of any specific misinformation, but a general reply to warn against believing everything one reads on the Webz.
Don't worry about It, I'm used to hearing about the Doom & Gloom of Solo from Newbi's, but when PDXsteve saying the way he said it, well, made me think it might be true, hence my tear jerking response..
No harm done PDXsteve, Please don't be upset with us "SARDG & my self" Re read what you wrote...

the good news is, with the ph2 development going full steam.
solo will outlive 3DR if you don't mind a little DIY

How will the PH2 help Solo's future? As far as I'm aware, it's simply a very modern flight controller with a lot of redundancy when it comes to onboard sensors. What makes the Solo what it is is the onboard computers (Solo and controller) to enable all the on-the-fly smart shot creation. The PH2 by itself is no more capable in this regard than a PH1 or any other flight controller. Or am I missing something?

I just chatted with 3DR asking if there is an incident while flying with Solex if the Solo would be covered by Warranty.

Their answer is that it would not be covered by warranty if using a third party app. That said, that also excludes Tower doesn't it? I thought someone had posted that they were ok with using Tower?

I asked about the latest version of SW. He told me it might be ready this week.

Don.

Thanks for that Solex demo. Looks interesting. Do you know if he has fixed the selfie mode yet?
thanks for this, have not been able to fly this yet so it was fun to watch
the one thing I have not figured out and is not in the documents yet is the follow settings (methods) looked interesting none are checked by default. Kelly said he would add to docs

I just chatted with 3DR asking if there is an incident while flying with Solex if the Solo would be covered by Warranty.

Their answer is that it would not be covered by warranty if using a third party app. That said, that also excludes Tower doesn't it? I thought someone had posted that they were ok with using Tower?

Don.
Yes, Tower was approved long ago. Whether you choose to use this new app is up to you. Just remember that all commands sent to the Solo in flight come through the controller last. So whether you are using an app or none at all, it's still coming from the controller and the logs do not (yet) distinguish the origin. Solex is not sending anything new that Tower, MP or the 3DR app is not. Solo can crash just as easy with no app at all, and the problems of late are due to problems in Solo FW and not any particular app.

Reactions: bjswx
Yes, Tower was approved long ago. Whether you choose to use this new app is up to you. Just remember that all commands sent to the Solo in flight come through the controller last. So whether you are using an app or none at all, it's still coming from the controller and the logs do not (yet) distinguish the origin. Solex is not sending anything new that Tower, MP or the 3DR app is not. Solo can crash just as easy with no app at all, and the problems of late are due to problems in Solo FW and not any particular app.
That's good to know. I was thinking that there would be some sort of PID in there somewhere stating which app was being used.

Don.
warranty for some of us has pasted, a long time ago.

If solo app is developed further it will be for IOS
the IOS production app is already much better than even the beta android apps
Have not flown with solex yet, I think he went to soon but a lot of people were presuring him.
it could have used a little polish.

Kelly did say that if enough people bought the android one, he would do an IOS

Personally I hope he just focuses on android. He's just one guy. Don't want another 3dr situation where development slows to a crawl developing for 2 very different os's.

Reactions: pyrate
I think he is hoping he makes enough money off of the android version to coloaborate with another developer

Hmmmm im might be newb with Solex but im missing something here ....i can't get the map to show up
Im using a Dell Venue 7840 Tablette Thx

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig