video feed from sjcam or other non gopro action cams?

Reaction score
I have a sjcam 4000 I was wondering if you can still get a video feed from it?

I have a sjcam 4000 I was wondering if you can still get a video feed from it?
Did you search these forums for "sjcam"? It's a common post, but I didn't pay much attention to the threads.

I did search and didn't see anything related to this problem, I have tried connecting it but I get nothing.

There were 8 different threads, with probably hundreds of posts mentioning some model of the sjcam and various questions & experiences. I thought one mentioned resolution of the sjcam vs. Solo, but I didn'the store it in my memory bank for proper retrieval.

If the SJCAM has a micro HDMI, it's enabled, and you plug it into the Solo's HDMI connector, you should get video. I've never tried but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Akartash
Its possible to do, however the SJCam 4000,5000,5000+ have reversed micro hdmi connectors. So using the solo gimbal is not practical.
You need to use a micro hdmi extension for your mounting option.
I have used both the SJCam 5000+ and a Canon SX260hs at the same time with no problem. With the 5000+ feeding video out, while while running photo missions.

Reactions: Perry Lawrence
Not a problem

Attachments

• 20160824_090622.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 79
  • 20160824_090726.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 66
  • 20160824_090814.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 62
Reactions: Perry Lawrence
Awesome Bill, thank you. So you are setting the SX260hs to take shots at intervals I assume. Are your missions for simple overheads or are you doing stitching and ag work? If the latter, how easy is it to embed the gps data and how are you doing that?

I use several SX260hs setup for different uses(NDVI, mapping, etc) sync'd with GPS and running CDHK with KAP UAV LUA (Exposure Control Script). I can use different combinations of cameras at the same time on the Solo depending on the mounts I install. 2 Sx260's or 1 Sx260 and GoPro or SJCam. 2 GoPro's and 2 SJ's and 1 SX260.

So dang cool Bill! I use Magic Lantern ( on all my Canons) almost daily and yet have never really looked into CDHK. Thanks!

Right you are, Magic Lantern is the the replacement for CDHK on most Canon DSLR's, w/CDHK for Point and Shoot.
JUBAIR's link is the mounts I use as shown in the pictures.

Ok guys, so putting this all together (gps enabled camera, CHDK, mounts) what is the advantage of the SX260hs over the ELPH 350 hs? The 350 is about 100grams lighter. Looks like same specs otherwise. Thoughts?

For me it was several factors, the internal gps capability, which helps with processing in Agisoft Photoscan, allows redundant geo-tags and time sync.
Also there is no stable ported CHDK for the 350 as I understand.
The 260 were easier to mod the IR filters and cheaper.

Perry,
Canon web site didnt show a internal GPS, your link does.
Canon internal gps are ok, but for accuracy not so good. Redundant is the internal gps, Depending on your expectations an External reference for accuracy is important. Use of GCP's, Solo log info, etc.

I think I gotcha. You are using both the internal camera GPS as well as the log data for best accuracy / ease of syncing. Are you using a trigger or just the intervalometer?

Akartash
Its possible to do, however the SJCam 4000,5000,5000+ have reversed micro hdmi connectors. So using the solo gimbal is not practical.
You need to use a micro hdmi extension for your mounting option.
I have used both the SJCam 5000+ and a Canon SX260hs at the same time with no problem. With the 5000+ feeding video out, while while running photo missions.

Is there any settings I have to change on the camera? I don't have the gimbal connected right now so I'm just using the frame and cable that came on it but I don't get any video, I only have a hero2 so i can't even see if it's working properly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dachl