Live stream issues - Solved

Yeah but he said that didn't work for him.

I said it because he didn't mention double-tapping/swiping-up on the app. I know many people who mistakingly think pressing the home button and clicking the app again is restarting it.

I've had that method fix things that even power-cycling does not.

Mark I have had the same problem. I have tried everything (including of of the above ones) to no avail. Sometimes the video works, sometimes it doesn't. I have also tried multiple GoPros and used my iPhone and iPad. 3dr sent me instructions on how to check the Solo's HDMI cable. But I am leaning on sending it back to them to check. The fact that I never know if the video is going to work drives me crazy. I am going to try a few more things today and if they don't work, send it back to 3dr for repair.

Well, I've tried all suggestions and nothing's worked. I took it out this morning and couldn't get the live feed through the Android app now as well (neither on the Kindle Fire or my Galaxy S5). I'm beginning to suspect it's the HDMI cable itself. I know I had the cable fully seated in the GoPro, so I'm trying to see if it somehow came loose at the other end. Unfortunately it's plugged (binug'ed?) into the underside of the Solo motherboard and isn't readily accessible by taking out the battery tray. There is a cable tie maybe 1/3rd of the way from the plug at the motherboard holding it in place, so I wouldn't think that it could come loose. Since I don't want to fully disassemble it, I used a screwdriver in an attempt to fully seat the HDMI cable into the motherboard. Maybe I got one of those bad HDMI cables, but at this point I'm at a loss.
Have you talked to 3DR? Unfortunately you might need to send it in. The good news is that they are pretty fast. I had to send my first one in, and it was fixed and back in under two weeks.

Yeah, I hate the thought of that, this is my second Solo (the first one I had to send in after one of the motor pods caught on fire).

I'll contact support and see about sending it in for repair. As an additional bonus, my GoPro seems to be dead too (won't charge via USB), so I'll have to contact GoPro support as well. When it rains, it pours.

Yeah, I hate the thought of that, this is my second Solo (the first one I had to send in after one of the motor pods caught on fire).

I'll contact support and see about sending it in for repair. As an additional bonus, my GoPro seems to be dead too (won't charge via USB), so I'll have to contact GoPro support as well. When it rains, it pours.
Wow...you have no luck Mark ... When it Rains . It pours !!!
Hope you figure it out Bro.

I know it kind of sucks when you exhaust all options and trying to find the problem at its source !! I'm totally fresh out of ideas for you! You might have to use your last resort and call 3DR.. Unless you can troubleshoot it and problem solv it?

How about the camera its self... Could it be some sort of setting that you having turned on?? Or maybe it UNpaired or something...? Or try another Gopro and hook it up and see if you still have the same problem?
It wouldn't hurt to look into it..

I know it kind of sucks when you exhaust all options and trying to find the problem at its source !! I'm totally fresh out of ideas for you! You might have to use your last resort and call 3DR.. Unless you can troubleshoot it and problem solv it?

How about the camera its self... Could it be some sort of setting that you having turned on?? Or maybe it UNpaired or something...? Or try another Gopro and hook it up and see if you still have the same problem?
It wouldn't hurt to look into it..
Well, I called GoPro support and got the charging issue fixed, apparently you can reset it by plugging it in to power and holding the power button down for 10 seconds. That took care of the charging issue. Now I'm back to troubleshooting the live feed issue.

So I took the mount off and plugged my GoPro in without the mount (just in case the mount was preventing full insertion of the HDMI cable. Still nothing on the iPhone, but on the Galaxy, something strange happens. When everything is on I can power cycle the GoPro and the image will flash on screen for a split second and go to black. I've also had it where the image will remain on screen but frozen. I'm wondering if it's an issue with the GoPro firmware update I did. Anyone know if there's a way to roll back the update on the GoPro?

As an aside, I also noticed that on the iPhone app, the red button to record to camera roll no longer shows up in the live stream feed. Not sure if it's related, but just an interesting thing that I noticed.

I've e-mailed 3DR support (again) but I'll likely not hear back from them until later in the week.

At the risk of making myself look like a complete moron, I'm going to post that I have fixed the issue. I figured that with everyone who took the time to respond and offer advice, it wouldn't be fair to not let you all know what happened.

I decided to check to see if there was an issue with the Hero itself by connecting it to the GoPro app, everything came up fine. I then started looking through the settings and saw that the GoPro was somehow set to PAL video mode (not NTSC). Of course, that 'somehow' was obviously me fat-fingering something in the settings, but that was what was causing my issue. That it started out as an iOS issue then affected my Android remains a mystery, but I wanted to let you all know that it seems to be working OK now and thank everyone that responded for their help.

Well, I called GoPro support and got the charging issue fixed, apparently you can reset it by plugging it in to power and holding the power button down for 10 seconds. That took care of the charging issue. Now I'm back to troubleshooting the live feed issue.

So I took the mount off and plugged my GoPro in without the mount (just in case the mount was preventing full insertion of the HDMI cable. Still nothing on the iPhone, but on the Galaxy, something strange happens. When everything is on I can power cycle the GoPro and the image will flash on screen for a split second and go to black. I've also had it where the image will remain on screen but frozen. I'm wondering if it's an issue with the GoPro firmware update I did. Anyone know if there's a way to roll back the update on the GoPro?

As an aside, I also noticed that on the iPhone app, the red button to record to camera roll no longer shows up in the live stream feed. Not sure if it's related, but just an interesting thing that I noticed.

I've e-mailed 3DR support (again) but I'll likely not hear back from them until later in the week.
Hey Mark...have you tried unstalling the app..then Re-Insalling it?

At the risk of making myself look like a complete moron, I'm going to post that I have fixed the issue. I figured that with everyone who took the time to respond and offer advice, it wouldn't be fair to not let you all know what happened.

I decided to check to see if there was an issue with the Hero itself by connecting it to the GoPro app, everything came up fine. I then started looking through the settings and saw that the GoPro was somehow set to PAL video mode (not NTSC). Of course, that 'somehow' was obviously me fat-fingering something in the settings, but that was what was causing my issue. That it started out as an iOS issue then affected my Android remains a mystery, but I wanted to let you all know that it seems to be working OK now and thank everyone that responded for their help.
Now that is great news Mark.! love happy endings!
Glad we can help!

Reactions: JOHN CUERVO

That's awesome. Great you posted because we can now add PAL vs NTSC setting to the list of things to check for the next guy.

The only good news is that GoPro and 3DR are both pretty good about getting things back quick.

Well, that will do it alright....

Has anyone had any issues with the live stream to the Apple App? It had been working fine for me for a while, then all of a sudden I would only get a black screen.

First time it happened was yesterday, I turned everything on, got a GPS lock within 30 seconds (you really do need to be away from any structures or tall vegetation), everything connected fine, connected to sololink on my iphone, brought up the app and just blackness. After restarting the solo several times, restarting the GoPro, restarting the app, disconnecting and reconnecting the iPhone from the network nothing worked. Finally restarting the controller (restarting the wifi) seemed to fix the issue and all was well.

So yesterday evening I decided to take it out again, went to the park, brought everything up and same thing, no picture. This time, nothing I did brought it back up. So I flew without the live feed and went home. This morning I started troubleshooting and found that when I connected my Galaxy S5 the stream came up just fine. So it seems to be isolated to the iOS app. I can use the Android app, but that's not without its own issues (maps not coming up, not able to record the stream, etc.)

Anyhow, is anyone having any similar experiences?
I recommend you delete solo app and installed it again do the same with tablet, wifi solo link passwords like all over again if the issue persists then deff contact 3DR about the technical issues asap GOOD LUCK

Has anyone had any issues with the live stream to the Apple App? It had been working fine for me for a while, then all of a sudden I would only get a black screen.

First time it happened was yesterday, I turned everything on, got a GPS lock within 30 seconds (you really do need to be away from any structures or tall vegetation), everything connected fine, connected to sololink on my iphone, brought up the app and just blackness. After restarting the solo several times, restarting the GoPro, restarting the app, disconnecting and reconnecting the iPhone from the network nothing worked. Finally restarting the controller (restarting the wifi) seemed to fix the issue and all was well.

So yesterday evening I decided to take it out again, went to the park, brought everything up and same thing, no picture. This time, nothing I did brought it back up. So I flew without the live feed and went home. This morning I started troubleshooting and found that when I connected my Galaxy S5 the stream came up just fine. So it seems to be isolated to the iOS app. I can use the Android app, but that's not without its own issues (maps not coming up, not able to record the stream, etc.)

Anyhow, is anyone having any similar experiences?
I've had the problem several times. Each time it turned out the HDMI plug wasn't fully seated in the GoPro. The Solo housing interferes with the edge of the plug.

I've had the problem several times. Each time it turned out the HDMI plug wasn't fully seated in the GoPro. The Solo housing interferes with the edge of the plug.
You are absolutely right. When the gimbal arrives we won't have to worry about that. We'll probably have new issues...:D

Things I did when the GoPro doesn't' display video;
1. Make sure your GoPro is set to video (cycle power button until you see the video camera)
2. Make sure your battery is fully charged
3. Make sure the Mini HDMI cable is fully seated

Mark, that happened to me with a Black Pearl monitor with my 3DR IRIS+. It came from China an was set to PAL. I saw a video on YouTube that helped my solve the problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150