Live stream issues - Solved

I could not get live feed since installing gimbal. Tried all troubleshooting they could suggest to no avail.

All equipment RMA.

I'd also like the ability to stop/start the GoPro recording without the need for a gimbal. I'm using Android too.

Had a horrible time getting the GoPro Hero4 Silver to work a couple of days ago. Powered everything up, no live video. Discovered the camera had frozen. Rebooted the camera, no video, powered everything off, then on, no video. Rebooted the camera again, then video worked. By the time the GPS had locked, video was working, battery was already down to 80%. Got about 10 mins flight time. Wish this whole thing worked a little smoother. 3DR is almost there but I have to think that the GoPro camera is causing most of the problems here. I thought they were reliable but I've had them freeze up more than often lately with or without the solo connected.

Lately, the "3DR fix" only works some of the time. I usually have to go through the entire sequence, off & on, twice before it works.

Has anyone had any issues with the live stream to the Apple App? It had been working fine for me for a while, then all of a sudden I would only get a black screen.

First time it happened was yesterday, I turned everything on, got a GPS lock within 30 seconds (you really do need to be away from any structures or tall vegetation), everything connected fine, connected to sololink on my iphone, brought up the app and just blackness. After restarting the solo several times, restarting the GoPro, restarting the app, disconnecting and reconnecting the iPhone from the network nothing worked. Finally restarting the controller (restarting the wifi) seemed to fix the issue and all was well.

So yesterday evening I decided to take it out again, went to the park, brought everything up and same thing, no picture. This time, nothing I did brought it back up. So I flew without the live feed and went home. This morning I started troubleshooting and found that when I connected my Galaxy S5 the stream came up just fine. So it seems to be isolated to the iOS app. I can use the Android app, but that's not without its own issues (maps not coming up, not able to record the stream, etc.)

Anyhow, is anyone having any similar experiences?
My no video is issue is with the cable. Doesnt seem to get a good connection with the GoPro sometimes and I have to wiggle the cable a bit. I did have a cut in it inside the body from the plastic rubbing against the cable.

Reactions: Maddog
I had that problem this morning.... It took me a while to figure it out !
Until I looked at the cable from the solo going to the camera...You gotta make sure that little plug that is going into the camera is allllll the way in..!!!! It might look like it is.. But give it that extra push !!
That was my Problem!

Hope this helps!

After I was able to correct my live stream issue ..I was able to capture this great picture of the Niagara Gorge going to the falls where I live with my Solo..and then even got a sweet picture of the Niagara Falls with a Rainbow!

Sweet shots. Well done.

My no video is issue is with the cable. Doesnt seem to get a good connection with the GoPro sometimes and I have to wiggle the cable a bit. I did have a cut in it inside the body from the plastic rubbing against the cable.

Thanks for the info! Something we all could check.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150